Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS camo hood

Article about: What do you guys think? The pattern looks too new to me Thanks Nick

Default SS camo hood

What do you guys think? The pattern looks too new to me

Thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS camo hood   SS camo hood  

SS camo hood  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS camo hood
    P
    Many

I agree with you Nick,I believe the Egyptian army used this camo postwar.

You are correct Harry , but I couldnt find this pattern

Egypt - Camopedia

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Standard Erbsmuster.

Nothing to do with Egypt as this is the hood worn with the winter reversible suit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade

Nick

From what I can see, it looks original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade ,I have researched it as much as I can and it checks out stitching wisecetc it's just the camo looked a bit bright in places

Nick

I had a pair of winter mittens just like it same pattern reversible to white. timothy

Do you still have any pics of the mittens Timothy?

Nick

Here is a comment on the item:

"An incrediably under-rated item of SS camo reversible clothing.

101% original 4th (last) model hood. The 4th model is an improved/ simplfied construction for manufacturing efficiency. It is also lighter in weight due to production restrictions at the time.

These are the best buy for $ in SS dot camo that there is in the market. The SS dot examples are harder to find than the Oakleaf type which are heavier in weight.

The tie string is missing which is typical on the 4th model due to the crap late war HBT used. I notice it has a button added (period ?) to hold it togther. Nice period/ practical alteration"

Nick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast