Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS camo rank insignia

Article about: Hey everyone, i have two different sets of SS camo rank insignia. My question is, were these insignia ever produced on different materials?......... The one set i know is real, they were par

?

Default SS camo rank insignia

Hey everyone, i have two different sets of SS camo rank insignia. My question is, were these insignia ever produced on different materials?......... The one set i know is real, they were part of a large grouping used to cover a piano seat,they are unissued obviously, lol and vet acquired. This set is printed on a rayon/silk material , the same as the Tropical sleeve eagles. The second set i have are printed on a cotton material, the same as printed foreign vol. shields. I am trying to determine if the cotton set is repro or not. I do not think pics are needed for this post, but if it would help, let me know. Thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS camo rank insignia
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS camo rank insignia

pics are always most helpful,,post them if you are able to ....

As far as I know, cotton is OK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I will post pics tom. of both sets of insignia.

?

Ok guys, here are the pics. The first two pics of the un-cut Obersturmfuhrer are 100% original. they were part of a bigger grouping that someone had used to make a seat cover for a piano. they are on a rayon/silk type material, much like the Tropical SS sleeve eagle. The other pics of the Untersturmfuhrer are on a cotton , like the printed foreign vol. shields and are the ones in question. So a reminder of the question is, were these insignia printed on different materials depending on maker? Or is the cotton a repro? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS camo rank insignia   SS camo rank insignia  

SS camo rank insignia   SS camo rank insignia  

SS camo rank insignia  

?

The cotton insignia photo better.

agreed,,,,firs set on cotton better

?

The first two pics, the original insignia, do not photograph as well as the cotton insignia. i know that the the top two pics of the insignia that are un-cut are 100% origial and are on rayon type material, much like the SS tropical sleeve eagle.