Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS camo sleeve eagles

Article about: Hello I was wondering weather different colours of sleeve eagles were ever used on camo uniforms? I have heard that some were produced for the autumn camoflage uniform. Does any one have any

Default SS camo sleeve eagles

Hello
    I was wondering weather different colours of sleeve eagles were ever used on camo uniforms? I have heard that some were produced for the autumn camoflage uniform. Does any one have any of such eagle, or is it purely a myth?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS camo sleeve eagles
    P
    Many

Default re: SS camo sleeve eagles

Hi Felix, some background info first. Brown and green subduded eagles and deathsheads were made for the camo field cap. These are incredibly rare items. A cap complete with these would sell for around $20,000. These are faked outright but some idiots have dyed conventional silver/grey thread originals to try and make them subduded versions! A Criminal act....Bob Hritz has shown an original on the forum.

Moving onto your original question: there were no special sleeve eagles made for the camo uniform. Regulations only authorised the special stylised rank insignia (Made up of green bars and oakleaves on black rectangular backing) to be worn.

However, tropical issue light tan/brown eagles were produced. These were found in quantity at Dachau in 1945. Many of these have been shown on the forum. Some of these have found their way onto Erbsmuster camo jackets.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: SS camo sleeve eagles

Thank you
    I Have one of the tropical sleeve eagles and was wondering what colour variations are out there as i personally really like them
    Thanks for the help