Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS cap

Article about: Just thought I´d share this SS cap with you. I bought it from UoE about a week ago and yesterday I got it delivered to my front door. There was a fair amount of drama during the delivery whe

Jan
    ?

Default SS cap

Just thought I´d share this SS cap with you. I bought it from UoE about a week ago and yesterday I got it delivered to my front door. There was a fair amount of drama during the delivery when the DLH courier tried to deliver the package to two different (wrong) addresses before finally finding the right door.

The cap is in quite worn condition throughout. I guess it´s a matter of taste but I prefer it that way. A few small moth holes here and there, but generally in much better condition than I thought. The field grey wool shows much use to the crown, and leading edge, where it comes off to the head. The the lining too heavily-soiled from use (especially in the front part of the cap).

There seems to be writing (possibly initials) on the inside of the cap.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap   SS cap  

SS cap   SS cap  

SS cap   SS cap  

SS cap   SS cap  

SS cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap
    P
    Many

Nice catch buddy. Great condition although it seems like it was heavily used. I hope you had a good experience with Ulric apart from the delivery drama!

Jan
    ?

Yes it was very dramatic my experience with Ulric was a very positive one. The packaging of the cap was almost luxurious.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap  

I also get that note with my packages.

Nice gesture of them.

Jan
    ?

I once owned a similar original SS sidecap which I had bought in the early 1980´s. That cap had a good provenance as it was owned by a Finnish SS man. Sadly, due to a bad relationship with ensuing economical difficulties I had to part with it in 2006. This cap is almost identical to the one I once owned (both in overall feel, wear and.. weight) so I guess finally there´s a happy end to the sad story.

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

All comments regarding the authenticity or other possible issues with this cap are very much appreciated

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS cap  

Jan
    ?

I just got the microsophic analysis of the wear an tear of the cap. It´s original. Thanks for showing interest in this relic. I would like to thank Ulric of England for theiu help in gettng the cap to a museum.

Best, jan

There was no doubt for me that it was original. I'm glad you had additional confirmation. One might complain about certain things regarding Ulric (not me though), but never about their pristine reputation and professionalism.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    There was no doubt for me that it was original. I'm glad you had additional confirmation. One might complain about certain things regarding Ulric (not me though), but never about their pristine reputation and professionalism.
    are buying the wrapping and dealer or the item it self ?

Glad you finally got the cap ..im sure your worry was harrowing. I had the same thing happen to a dagger I purchased ..when the seller punched in the town..and rerouted the dagger to a nearby post office,,luckily it was close by...but the threat was there of returning to sender as my PO box did not exist in that post office.

A few phone calls to the post master routed the dagger to the right post office and I picked it up.

Long story short..it was a learning experience for me to verify with any seller to make sure they read the same address as yourself ...since the dagger issue..I make it a point to have them verify my shipping address.

PO boxes are the most reliable IMO here in the US with that one very rare instance I mentioned above ..other than that I have 100% safe and secure delivery success.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast