Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SS Cap Eagle Bullion

Article about: Hi guys, any idea about this piece? Please note the cardboard "Unterlagen" in the swaz and wing region. Thanks!

Default SS Cap Eagle Bullion

Hi guys, any idea about this piece? Please note the cardboard "Unterlagen" in the swaz and wing region.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010105.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	885944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010107.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	885945  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

in one word: no.

- - ------- - -

There are authentic items of this type in the Angolia and the Beaver Bando books.
    damit, basta.

Thanks. The bird is uv-neg. Here is another closeup shot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010105 - Kopie (2).jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	289.9 KB 
ID:	886051

It is original to my eyes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss cap eagles.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	886052  

?

This is a very rare occasion indeed but I must disagree with F-B in this case. Although it is not trimmed in a very flattering fashion, I believe that this eagle is likely an original. I've encountered and owned a few of this pattern over the years. The other variation- a miniature of the so-called "RZM" pattern officer's sleeve eagle- is rarer still...

A rare occurrence indeed but also one of value. All of us are always continuing our learning, even the most respected and knowledgeable members known to our community. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that either...I'd imagine if we knew and had it all this hobby would get boring real fast. But it goes to show you one must always do their own study too and not just depend on others.

Quote by Arran View Post
    This is a very rare occasion indeed but I must disagree with F-B in this case. Although it is not trimmed in a very flattering fashion, I believe that this eagle is likely an original. I've encountered and owned a few of this pattern over the years. The other variation- a miniature of the so-called "RZM" pattern officer's sleeve eagle- is rarer still...

I defer to my colleague, whose expertise I esteem. I will send this thread to David Delich and see what he says, if you like.
    The lack of detail in the head and the wings is what I noticed, but I do not collection Waffen SS insignia.
    damit, basta.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    A rare occurrence indeed but also one of value. All of us are always continuing our learning, even the most respected and knowledgeable members known to our community. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that either...I'd imagine if we knew and had it all this hobby would get boring real fast. But it goes to show you one must always do their own study too and not just depend on others.

How does this assertion apply to what I have written here? Do you wish to assert to me that I have ceased to educate myself?
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I defer to my colleague, whose expertise I esteem. I will send this thread to David Delich and see what he says, if you like.
    The lack of detail in the head and the wings is what I noticed, but I do not collection Waffen SS insignia.
    Please do forward this thread to Mr. Delich; I imagine he may have some examples of bullion SS cap eagles in his collection, and I would love to see them if he is willing. I agree with you about the detail, but I suspect that it is the result of this insignia being roughly 25% smaller than the sleeve eagle.

Thank you for your contribution so far, really really appreciated.

Daniel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast