Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS Cap for review - need opinions please...

Article about: by John Brandon Alles ist crap. Sorry not even original caps I agree. If you wish to collect in the minefield of SS material, may I suggest you first spend money on some reference material.

Default Re: SS Cap for review - need opinions please...

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Alles ist crap. Sorry

not even original caps
    I agree. If you wish to collect in the minefield of SS material, may I suggest you first spend money on some reference material. These caps are so bad, most begining collectors would recognize them as poor fakes with no resemblance to the original item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Darren, everyone is bad as already stated. The skull insignia on the first one is fantasy design too which I forgot to say in my original post. They have used the same design on the last cap.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade, and everyone else, for the feedback. As I mentioned in my initial comment (at least I think I did), all of my reference books are stored away while my wife and I move. Regardless, I like to post items here on the forum for review even if my research tells me to stay away. Sometimes even the books aren't accurate and the forum is a wealth of knowledge that no book can replace.

I haven't purchased these (thankfully) so nothing lost thanks to you guys

?

Attachment 187438Attachment 187439Attachment 187433Attachment 187434Attachment 187437Attachment 187436Attachment 187435[/QUOTE]

WOW that first skull is especially fugly. I would highly suggest not purchasing anything SS for a while until much research into insignia/cloth is done. Just my honest opinion. I would Wait until you can at least personally see all of these as "one looker fakes" before even considering anything SS related. Research books shouldnt even be needed to see these as bad fakes.
    that being said, dont feel bad....I personally do not feel comfortable purchasing SS headgear or tunics either. Even regular heer and luftwaffe tunics/etc are very hard for me to get a comfortable read on alot of the time. So I dont even bother venturing into SS just yet. Good Luck

I love the pirate skull yhea !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12