Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS car pennant, fantasy piece?

Article about: Hi guys, found this for sale recently, and checked the sticky on this, looks like the circle is too close to the edge of the pennant, is that correct? The stitching looks impressive though.

?

Default SS car pennant, fantasy piece?

Hi guys, found this for sale recently, and checked the sticky on this, looks like the circle is too close to the edge of the pennant, is that correct? The stitching looks impressive though. Thoughts?SS car pennant, fantasy piece?SS car pennant, fantasy piece?SS car pennant, fantasy piece?
    Should I ask for more photos based on this, or is it obviously bad?
    Thanks,
    Eddie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS car pennant, fantasy piece?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS car pennant, fantasy piece?

Not a good one
    Mametz

?

Hi can you give specific details as to why it's no good? I'm trying to learn what's right and wrong in the construction of TR items.
    Thanks,
    Eddie

Hi Eddie,

If this pennant is genuine it's the first one i've seen with brass eyes used on tarps and tents!

Joking aside, there appears to be two types of fixings for these flags, a length of cord to tie them to a small post, or a rigid metal insert that has two metal clips that tighten onto the post (If not included on the pennant.)

The one you show has the pink piping that seems to indicate a panzer regiment. This appears wrong.The ones i've seen have a single, broad pink stripe running horizontally from the post end to the fly end in the centre of the pennant.

I can't really comment on the patch details other than they look 'unusual'. The main indicators are the pennants construction i think, and that's not right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

i would say say not also

construction is totally wrong,bogus insignias,metal grommets too large and of the wrong type,,,everything about this pennant is bad...

Delta International circa 1970

?

Haha, those brass eyes do kinda make me want to go camping! Thank you for giving all the details, I can see what you mean about it. Bad, bad, bad.