Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?

Article about: I found this in the bottom of a box of 'junk' at a sale. I figured it was repro, but I only paid \\$2 for the entire box, so I figured I would not be out anything, so I took a chance! BUT, whe

Default SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?

I found this in the bottom of a box of 'junk' at a sale. I figured it was repro, but I only paid $2 for the entire box, so I figured I would not be out anything, so I took a chance! BUT, when I got home, it does NOT glow under a blacklight (see pictures--I have a new towel next to it to compare how new fabric does glow). I know the 'blacklight' test is not always 100% accurate, but it did make me think twice! Thanks in advace for all your opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?   SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?  

SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?   SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Cloth Eagle arm/shoulder Patch---real or fake?

It´s not an original SS eagle IMO. Maybe someone else knows what it belongs too or if it´s even authentic?

I thought with the black fabric it might be SS. But, if its not, sorry I posted it in the wrong forum.

IMO it´s a reproduction of a SS eagle so you sure did post it in the right forum. However i´m right or wrong about it we´ll wait until the real experts had said their thoughts about it.

Not an original eagle, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.

Bummer. Well, I figured I would take a chance for $2. I guess that just goes to show that even if something does not "glow" under a blacklight, that does not mean it is original! Thanks for your inputs!

At $2 it was worth the gamble!

The blacklight is a useful tool, but it is not conclusive in it's own right.

If anyone is interested in SS cloth insignia, I would recommend Jack Angolia's book, but it is long out of print but worth tracking down and buying. Not cheap though, but the investment will pay you back.

Cheers, Ade.