Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Article about: Hi guys, I was doing so research the other day, and I read somewhere that Clothing company Hugo Boss tailored and made uniforms for the SS. Has anyone heard of this?

Default Re: SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I'm sure Hugo Boss had some type of hands on input in to it, as making the new uniform for the SS would have been a big thing for his company. And he was a party member.

Brian

Hi, Brian.

Sounds good to me !

You may be correct, in that Herr Heck might have only been
    involved as a 'graphic designer' and may not necessarily
    have known anything about the clothing industry
    by nature.

This would more than likely mean that an actual clothing designer
    would have had to have been in the picture to alter and finalize
    drawings and then work up patterns into something
    that could finally be manufactured.

Only someone with practical experience in the garment industry
    would know how to design and produce clothing to fit and
    function in a certain way. ( such as a uniform that made
    the body seem longer !)

Regards, Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS clothing by Hugo Boss
    P
    Many

hugo boss was the producer , not the designer...

SS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossDiebitsch joined the SS after the appearance of the black uniform, and in the sense of his bio and the chronology of the black SS uniform, could not have designed it.
    Boss was one of tens of thousands of clothing makers, either on the industrial basis, or the artisan basis, that made uniforms under license for the RZM.
    I own thirty pieces of black SS tunics and or over coats. None is from Boss.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-01-2015 at 12:32 AM.

quote....

On 1 May 1920, Diebitsch joined the Nazi Party or NSDAP. His membership number was 1,436. From 1920 to 1923 he was a member of the Freikorps.[3] He went on to complete his formal art training in 1925, followed by several years of living and working in Munich as a painter and graphic artist. When the Nazis came to power in 1933, Diebitsch moved his family to Berlin and there joined the Reichsverband Bildenden Künstler Deutschlands (National Association of German Visual Artists). In November 1933, he joined the SS. Later in 1937, he rejoined the NSDAP with a membership number of 4,690,956.

SS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossNeedless, to say, the first black tunics appeared in 1932, that is, with the lifting of the ban on the SA and SS in the summer of that year.
    If he designed the black uniform at that time, he was not an Oberfuehrer in the SS....

The internet is filled with false information copied from non sound sources and then repeated by a thousand poorly informed persons.

If our own Mr d'Alquen has something in his sources, I would be grateful.

I rely on my favorite, van Ekeling, which is the contemporary history of the uniform.

SS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossIf you squint your eyes right, maybe this says: Hugo Boss....?

SS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossThe handbook of the RZM lists in its thousands, and I mean, tens of thousands, the artisans and industrial concerns that made these things, of which several made
    black SS uniforms. I am not going to look up Boss' license, but it was several digits, despite its early date.

Cee and Ah, which is just as prominent as Boss, did indeed make black uniforms.

Here is one:

Most of these uniforms are devoid of maker's marks, truth be told, and most were made by local tailors. That is, my unscientific generalization from my collection and the dozens of other uniforms I have examined in life and in the digital biotope.

This is not my uniform, by the way.

SS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo BossSS clothing by Hugo Boss

This site has a great deal of specific knowledge of some merit, versus the drivel that adheres to the bottom pieces of the internet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast