Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Article about: Hi guys, I was doing so research the other day, and I read somewhere that Clothing company Hugo Boss tailored and made uniforms for the SS. Has anyone heard of this?

?

Default SS clothing by Hugo Boss

Hi guys,
    I was doing so research the other day, and I read somewhere that Clothing company Hugo Boss tailored and made uniforms for the SS.
    Has anyone heard of this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS clothing by Hugo Boss
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS clothing by Hugo Boss

never heard anything about this,,,

?

I have read that Hugo Boss himself designed the Wehrmacht uniforms. The design makes the legs and arms seem longer creating the illusion the wearer is taller. I have not specifically read he designed the SS uniforms.

To answer your question, YES.

History

Hugo Boss started his clothing company in 1924 in Metzingen, where it is still based, a small town south of Stuttgart. However, due to the economic climate in Germany at the time Boss was forced into bankruptcy in 1930. Undeterred, Hugo set up a new business and in 1931 became a member of the Nazi party. With the rise of Adolf Hitler in 1933, Boss's business also began to prosper as he became an RZM-licensed (official) supplier of uniforms to the SA, SS, Hitler Youth, NSKK and other Party organizations.

With the defeat of Germany in 1945, Boss was charged with being sympathetic to the Nazi cause and using forced labor, and was denied the right to vote in Germany and ordered to pay a fine. He died in 1948 but his business survived.

In 1985 the company was floated on the stock exchange and the majority shareholder is now the Marzotto textile group. In the same year Hugo Boss launched its first fragrance.
    [edit] Involvement in World War II

The all-black dress uniform of the Nazi Schutzstaffel or SS (the NSDAP paramilitary and military force), in use from 1932 until 1942, was designed by SS-Oberführer Prof. Dr. Karl Diebitsch and graphic designer Walter Heck.[2] From 1933, the Hugo Boss company was one of the firms that produced these black uniforms along with the brown SA shirts and the black-and-brown uniforms of the Hitler Youth.[3][4]

Hugo Boss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its no wonder the Allgemeine SS uniforms are such an work or art, and are so well constructed, with an famous clothing designer, that designed them.

This is really nice to know.

Brian

My friend and forum member Rob Truscott owns a RAD tunic made by Boss.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Its no wonder the Allgemeine SS uniforms are such an work or art, and are so well constructed, with an famous clothing designer, that designed them.
    As you yourself correctly pointed out, it was Diebitsch and Heck who designed the uniforms. Boss's firm merely produced them.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Can you have him post a pic of it, wherever it may be marked.

Thanks
    Brian

Quote by Walter View Post
    As you yourself correctly pointed out, it was Diebitsch and Heck who designed the uniforms. Boss's firm merely produced them.
    I'm sure Hugo Boss had some type of hands on input in to it, as making the new uniform for the SS would have been a big thing for his company. And he was a party member.

Brian

?

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    we should have try to post a picture of it!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast