Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Colar Tabs Low Rank

Article about: Compare and you'll hopefully see the difference in the details.

Default Re: SS Colar Tabs Low Rank

Compare and you'll hopefully see the difference in the details.
    SS Colar Tabs Low Rank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Colar Tabs Low Rank
    P
    Many

Quote by SteveR View Post
    What would be some good referance books on good SS insignia compared to currently available fakes ?
    Thanks
    SteveR
    As Panzer1031 said; Angolias book "Cloth insignia of the SS" is very good, also Mollo's "Uniforms of the SS" vol. 1-7 are good.
    Mike Beaver's "Uniforms of the Waffen SS" vol 1-3 are good and I believe Robin Lumsden's "SS regalia" is good too.

Hi, I am pleased you have asked about books.

Books are the foundation stone of knowledge. You need all of these if you are serious about collecting SS cloth. They might not be cheap and this is the problem, people don't want to pay. Instead they try to save a few $/£/Euros and go straight to trying to find original material. But without decent books in your collectors armoury you will always be fighting a loosing battle. You simply will not know what you are looking at.

Buy the books, read the forum everyday, then try and buy the items. But start with trustworthy dealers and have the item vetted here. Don't try and find bargain items trawling e bay and the like. Spend your time and money in a profitable way. This is the key to sucess in collecting this material.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.

drh
    ?

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Damn pakistanese strike again
    Yes , them sorry buzzards!!!

Best Regards,
    Danny

drh
    ?

Quote by Rommel1942 View Post
    I wouldn't say these are terribly 'low rank' pieces
    anyways, I must comply with the others at the moment.
    Regards,
    Finn
    Thank You Finn!!!!

Best Regards,
    Danny

drh,

When you don't even bother to say a simple "thank you", do you really believe
    that I'll ever again will take time and post refernce pics, mixed with with your items
    so you can compare and learn something?..
    I really have better things to do so the answer is; No Sir, I don't think so. Buy the books in post 12.

SS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low RankSS Colar Tabs Low Rank

Off topic: Very nice skull display Anders

?

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    John Angolias Book is good if u can find one. "Cloth insignia of the SS". thats the first book I read on this subject and had borrowed it from a friend. But Im sure there are more recent references available strictly focusing on fakes in particular. When u said low ranks, I expected to see regular old blank EM tabs
    me too! these are rather high ranking tabs, fake paki crap, though.
    ~Dean

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, I am pleased you have asked about books.

Books are the foundation stone of knowledge. You need all of these if you are serious about collecting SS cloth. They might not be cheap and this is the problem, people don't want to pay. Instead they try to save a few $/£/Euros and go straight to trying to find original material. But without decent books in your collectors armoury you will always be fighting a loosing battle. You simply will not know what you are looking at.

Buy the books, read the forum everyday, then try and buy the items. But start with trustworthy dealers and have the item vetted here. Don't try and find bargain items trawling e bay and the like. Spend your time and money in a profitable way. This is the key to sucess in collecting this material.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Words of wisdom as always provided by Ade, the master of this forum!
    ~Dean

hey anders, wanted to let you know that i appreciate the photo comparison and the info about the books, trying to learn what real and what is not. and you provided some good pics and book references. i know danny, this guy would go out of his way to do anything for just about anyone. he has been under the weather the past few days.i know that he appreciates the info. i just dont think he has gotten around to thanking you yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast