Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS collar tab

Article about: posting this one for a friend. Belive this one is no good? feel free to comment. Also if anyone disagrees and belives its real please let me know. Thanks!

Default SS collar tab

posting this one for a friend. Belive this one is no good? feel free to comment. Also if anyone disagrees and belives its real please let me know. Thanks!
    SS collar tab
    SS collar tab
    SS collar tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tab
    P
    Many

It is indeed bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks for the confirmation, BUYERS BEWARE! many fake german cloth items out there these days, especially be carefull when dealing with SS material.
    Thanks,
    Beau

Hi Beau, it has been that way since I starting collecting 35 plus years ago now...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade, it really is just too bad things havent changed. I cant imagine a collecting world with no fakes, it sure would make things much more easy for collectors starting off and experienced dealers and buyers. there is such a range of items while collecting ww2 artifacts you cannot expect someone to know everything even the most experienced. Im very glad to have a broad range of knowlage on this site, it is extremely helpful. I live here in canada, where it is much easier to collect canadian ww2 "stuff" as the only ones who want canadian stuff is canadians hahaa wayyy less fakes.
    Thanks again,
    Beau

Beau, isn't that the tab we already discussed and deemed a fake in the thread shown below?

SS storm leader (lieutenant) (untersturmfuhrer) collar tab

yes, it was said to have been fake in that post, thought I would get better photos to confirm its a fake for my friend and made a topic for it.
    thanks for pointing that out as many good comments were made as to why it was a fake in that post.
    thanks,
    Beau

No worries! I was just thinking, "Man, that looks familiar!"

Don't like the SS letters at all, sumth wrong...

It looks as the fake tabs, as being manufactured on orders of Dutch and English dealers in
    the early to mid-1970's. Loads of such stuff of all types of ranks, as well as many forms of
    SS cufftitles were made then and sold quite cheap (a cufftitle did cost ten guilders then).

The problem with the cufftitles is that the backing-material was original material, which was
    obtained by those dealers from some Wuppertal concerns. If I remember well the embroidery
    was done in Pakistan.
    This is long ago. I should have kept some of this fake material to show it. I think many would
    fall from their stool. The quality often was great! Many collectors were not even born yet when
    that material was made.....................!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast