Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers

Article about: These signs collar tab for Romanian volunteers Waffen SS army could be genuine but I never seen something like that and can not have any opinion. I want the opinions of experienced collector

Default SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers

These signs collar tab for Romanian volunteers Waffen SS army could be genuine but I never seen something like that and can not have any opinion. I want the opinions of experienced collectors who have or have seen similar objects.
    Thank you highly moderators and collectors!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers   SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers
    P
    Many

Maybe with this you dare, is of the same factory
    I do not can see differences in originals or copies of these type of collar tabs , and also interested to know the experts saying of these. (two)
    Jedem das Seine

I think BOTH tabs shown are reproductions as sold by DELTA Enterprises ( Reisenhaft , Nesbitt ) .
    I was troubled by the reverses ( stitching too tight + too close to edge ) , but now my eyes adjusted to the screen , I also see the telltale knot pattern in the black cloth .
    Hope to be wrong , but ..

BTW , the Dutch tab is one of the best repro's made , and the Romanian one is IMHO only known as a Delta fake .
    I certainly have never seen an original before , or any period picture - they may never have been produced during the war .. ?!
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers 

CBH
    ?

I also thought it was never produced , only appearing on the 1945 SS map showing foreign legions .

I digged out this thread, and open probably an another polemical and controversial question.

_At first, this ''Romanian'' collar tab does not appear on the ''february 1945 SS map'' (see Foreign Legion of the third Reich_ David Littlejohn_ vol.4 page 106, where the shown insignia for Roumanian volunteers is the Iron Guard cross surrounded with oakwreath and 2 crossed daggers) but it appeared in Siegrunen N°42_ pg. 34 in this design = Archange Michael cross on a circle with 2 Spears, but as usual without source or reference...

_Secondly I do not understand why the buckram back is a proof that this series of collar tabs are fake :
    This kind of buckram is named ''Einlagematerial'' in german and used to make uniforms as stiffener (see pictures) from loosy to very tied weft.

This serie of foreign volunteers collar tabs appeared on the market in the early 80' may be before, and were sold as Dachau stock in France, USA... at the same time of foreign volunteers country flag armshields.
    _They are embroidered on ''Calmandes'' type tissu which look like mat satin velvet. Most of them were sold with the gum Arabic impregnated ''Einlage'' back and glued with old type glue, or on cardboard back, some were unfinished and some were sold unbacked, some uncut.

These items were often used shown as sample in 80 thru 2000 in books :
    -Foreign Legion of the third Reich_ David Littlejohn
    -Sigrunen Richard Landwehr
    -Waffen ss uniforms & insignia Wade Kraczyk
    ….etc.
    (Achtung, Alarm, I do not say these are top reference books, as they contain many errors)
    on sites :
    https://axis101.bizland.com/CollarTabs02.htm

The serie include Indian legion Tiger head, Britisch Free Corps 3 lions, Bulgarian crowned lion, Ukranian lion, Dutch wolfhook, Norway sunwheel, estonian star and flames...

Can someone really prove they are fake ?
    So I stay in expectancy, if somebody has at first hand real informations.

I think it could be an interesting discussion and very helpful for collectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers   SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Collar tab Romanian Volunteers