Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS collar tabs?

Article about: Hello, I am becoming increasingly interested in collecting SS collar tabs. The only problem is after research on this forum and other sites, I cannot figure out a defining characteristic of

G43
    ?

Default SS collar tabs?

Hello, I am becoming increasingly interested in collecting SS collar tabs. The only problem is after research on this forum and other sites, I cannot figure out a defining characteristic of a fake. I understand the construction and buckram has to be correct, but what is correct? I have three slightly different looking examples to post and if anyone could shed some light on how to determine a fake at first glance it would be much appreciated. I'd also like to point out that these three examples are all Horst Wessel tabs. Another question I have is what traits does a Dachau made tab have? It seems to me, as I could be mistaken, that a Dachau produced tab only has one line a thread on the reverse as opposed to double line stitching. Am I correct in saying that? Thanks

.SS collar tabs?SS collar tabs?SS collar tabs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS collar tabs?

All examples shown are original Dachau tabs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

G43
    ?

Thanks Ade, but can you help with my question?

Dachau tabs always have the white stitch guide lines to the reverse.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

+

Dachau indeed

Hi g43
    As ade said yes dqchau made foreign volunteer tabs do have white stitching lines to the reverse and they were made with both single and double stitching.
    The type you want to stay clear of are the delta reproductions they have the single row of stitching but positioned very close or sometimes on the edge of the reverse.if your unsure always request opinions before buying.
    Cheers
    Dave

G43
    ?

Thank you Dave that helps a lot, at least I will have an idea of suspicious traits.