Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS collar tabs

Article about: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I would like to have some help from members to know if these collar legs are genuine or not. Thank you for your opinions Best regards Jack

Default SS collar tabs

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and I would like to have some help from members to know if these collar legs are genuine or not.
    Thank you for your opinions
    Best regards
    Jack

SS collar tabs

SS collar tabs

SS collar tabs

SS collar tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collar tabs
    P
    Many

?

These are not genuine, unfortunately. The runes are irregular in shape and proportion, and appear to be hand sewn. The rank tresse (braid) is a pattern commonly seen on repros. Finally, the buckram backing is not consistent with originals of the period...

Welcome to the forum!
    You can compare the runes tab with this original.
    SS RZM Runic Tab
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Arran View Post
    These are not genuine, unfortunately. The runes are irregular in shape and proportion, and appear to be hand sewn. The rank tresse (braid) is a pattern commonly seen on repros. Finally, the buckram backing is not consistent with originals of the period...
    I don't collect these but I do love to learn. Your comment on the buckram backing is something new I have learned today. Many Thanks!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for your helpful comments. I must unfortunately consider that this pair of collar tabs is a reproduction.
    Best regards
    Jack

I agree with Arran