Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ss color patches and shoulder boards

Article about: Hi guys could you tell me if these are real or not they came from a friend of the familly who passed away last year. He served during ww2 in the Dorset reg and i remember him saying that he

Default ss color patches and shoulder boards

Hi guys could you tell me if these are real or not they came from a friend of the familly who passed away last year.
    He served during ww2 in the Dorset reg and i remember him saying that he brought them back with a few other bits after the war including the pistol that belonged to the mag but thats long gone now, shame as it was with the holster and belt and good to go with 2 spare mags and ammo. ive always collected brit kit as there is too much fake stuff passing around the german militaria and i wouldnt know where to start
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss color patches and shoulder boards   ss color patches and shoulder boards  

ss color patches and shoulder boards   ss color patches and shoulder boards  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss color patches and shoulder boards
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss color patches and shoulder boards

Hi Lee, firstly welcome to the forum

I'm afraid the collar patches you show are fakes. I do not know of a wartime rank with 3 pips. 2 for a captain then a scroll for a Major. The collar patches are 70's fakes by the look of them, the rounded corners and other things gives them away. remember buy the item not the story. I'm not sure what button is on one of the slip on's?

I cannot judge whether these are good or not as much better pictures would be needed
    sorry

hi thanks for the reply i didnt buy these they were given to me by the chaps family after he died, like i said i have no knolage of german kit but i do remember the pistol when he showed me it around 15 years ago and it was very nice but thats gone. he was known to tell a tale or two so im not supprised they are not real but i do know for a fact he did serve in ww2 i will try to post some better pics of the slip ons a bit later i have tried to find out what the button is but no luck

i hope these pics help. the button appears to have a coat of arms on them, the pips are very well detailed, doesnt show up well on the photos but apear to be high quality and very crisp detail.
    the slipon boards seem to be very well made in construction over all and no visible exposed stitching
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss color patches and shoulder boards   ss color patches and shoulder boards  

Hi Lee, again I don't know what the button is, although the pips look right it is not a rank in the German Army as far as i know. The boards could be real. But the tabs are definitely wrong

Maybe someone just stuck an extra one on