Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

Article about: This image from a period publication on the 21st SS-Standarte (available for download from Stark-Fritz-Die-21.-SS-Standarte : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive ), showing the

Default A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

This image from a period publication on the 21st SS-Standarte (available for download from Stark-Fritz-Die-21.-SS-Standarte : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive ), showing the commander of its IIIrd Sturmbann, is a very interesting uniform study:

A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

The early collar patches with the vertical Standarte number are known from quite a few period photographs, but I have never seen a cuff title with a combined Sturmbann/Standarte designation before!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A-SS Cufftitle III/21!
    P
    Many

Default Re: A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

A very fine photograph! I love to see these types of uniforms that if they do still exist are still in someones closet yet to be discovered. Yet another example of the vast variety of insignia of the 3rd Riech!

Regards

Jeff

Donnerwetter. HPL2008 deserves our warmest thanks for a wonderful post with fabulous resources. An antidote to all the "scull" threads and dealer-baiting of late. Many thanks, indeed. I think this picture chronicle of the SS in Magdeburg is astonishing.

Caps not unlike those pictured in said work.A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

That is a Cuff-title Dr. No would like very much to have and to hold.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Donnerwetter. HPL2008 deserves our warmest thanks for a wonderful post with fabulous resources. An antidote to all the "scull" threads and dealer-baiting of late. Many thanks, indeed. I think this picture chronicle of the SS in Magdeburg is astonishing.
    I wholeheartly concur!

Superb stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

Our goal here is greater knowledge via just such an addition of extraordinary material. That is, a primary source in Uniformkunde of exceptional quality, versus the same old recycling of superstition and the regalia version of the seven deadly sins.

That is, our goal is to know and to learn versus little exercises in consumer avarice and class warfare as interpreted by Ortega y Gasset and Lebon.

I wonder if the Cuff-title and Collar Tab are completely custom jobs?

Quote by Doktor No View Post
    I wonder if the Cuff-title and Collar Tab are completely custom jobs?
    They well might be. Read all the Wim Saris data on cuff titles that he posted on the other website known to Adrian S. The chaos connected with this insignia was prodigious. The picture book whence comes this image is really over the top as I have never seen so many images of one locality, with so many persons of a single SS unit in this era. A marvel and a miracle. Such goes to prove that the Mollo and Angolia books are really obsolete, especially the latter.
    It would have been no trouble to find a local embroiderer to make this regalia, especially granted the lack of centralization, standardization, and uniformity of the SS uniform in the years 1931-1933 or so.

I wish I had the whole uniform, but I do own a similar cap, actually.

In any case, we are really grateful to our German friend for finding us this digital treasure.
    I have to read the whole book in detail, but I have jet lag from being in Berlin for a week. Magdeburg was creamed in the war, as it was in the 30 years war.

I wonder how many more illustrated compendiums of selected SS units existed?
    I am sure this is not the only one.

?

May I recommend this website Neuschwabenland-Archiv it has many books, movies and speeches related to the Third Reich you will find ss related primary documents and many interesting things to look at and listen to. Here is one of my favorites.....A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!A-SS Cufftitle III/21!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast