Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Cufftitles

Article about: Any thoughts on these?

Default Re: SS Cufftitles

A variety of early tags both of the RZM and VA SS on a shelter quarter. This image courtesy of Robert H.
    the "37/35" is a VA SS contract number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cufftitles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cufftitles
    P
    Many

early VA SS tags on the reverse of the Ehrenwinkel fuer alte Kaempfer.

This image courtesy of our Peter J. These tags were also used on cuff titles until around 1938.

I think I have contributed enough here. Someone else can share from their Wundertuete.

The burden sharing around here requires attention.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Cufftitles 

Jan
    ?

Always great when Friedrich-Berthold sums up things and give us these fantastic pictures.

Rgds Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    Always great when Friedrich-Berthold sums up things and give us these fantastic pictures.

Rgds Jan

Danke vielmals! And warm greetings to Finland with best wishes for the new year.

But I am not even an expert on cuff titles, save that I like them on black uniforms.

Others here have far more to say on this account than do I.

But I did just figure out that among the firms that made these things, or I should say, that embroidered them was this well known Hamburg firm. How could I withhold such knowledge from our eager readers?

Hamburg is a wonderful place. Next time I am there, I shall look for the ghost of Fahnen Fleck.

Jan
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Danke vielmals! And warm greetings to Finland with best wishes for the new year.

But I am not even an expert on cuff titles, save that I like them on black uniforms.

Others here have far more to say on this account than do I.

But I did just figure out that among the firms that made these things, or I should say, that embroidered them was this well known Hamburg firm. How could I withhold such knowledge from our eager readers?

Hamburg is a wonderful place. Next time I am there, I shall look for the ghost of Fahnen Fleck.
    If yu ever come to Finand I will buy you dinner in the Mannerheim suite at Hotel Seurahuone in Helsinki. It would be an honour to meet you.

Ein Gutes Neues Jahr!

Jan

more..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Cufftitles   SS Cufftitles  

SS Cufftitles   SS Cufftitles  

Quote by Jan View Post
    If yu ever come to Finand I will buy you dinner in the Mannerheim suite at Hotel Seurahuone in Helsinki. It would be an honour to meet you.

Ein Gutes Neues Jahr!

Jan
    Dear Sir, thanks for the kind offer. I hope the year to come will bring me to Finland. I have to go to Vienna, Istanbul, Moscow, Berlin, Oberammergau and some places in between.
    Thanks again and einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr. I do not know how to say this in Finnish, of course. your humble, FB

Thanks to Carlsson. Notice in the Germania cuff title (the machine embroidered) that the piece has the tag for the embroiderer and the maker of the band itself. These are the pre 1938-ish tags. the three digit numbers above "36" are the VA SS contract numbers of the year 1936. Such tags are also faked. The SSVT and SSTV cuff titles are noteworthy, especially the later species of SSTV Oberbayern. The one I posted is of the era 1936-1937 and quite rare. More so still that it remains in situ with its foetid black woolen.

Jan
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Sir, thanks for the kind offer. I hope the year to come will bring me to Finland. I have to go to Vienna, Istanbul, Moscow, Berlin, Oberammergau and some places in between.
    Thanks again and einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr. I do not know how to say this in Finnish, of course. your humble, FB
    Man kann es auch sagen "Hyvää vauhtia (menoa) uuteen vuoteen" in Finnisch

Jan

Thanks to Carlsson. Notice in the Germania cuff title (the machine embroidered) that the piece has the tag for the embroiderer and the maker of the band itself. These are the pre 1938-ish tags. the three digit numbers above "36" are the VA SS contract numbers of the year 1936. Such tags are also faked. The SSVT and SSTV cuff titles are noteworthy, especially the later species of SSTV Oberbayern. The one I posted is of the era 1936-1937 and quite rare. More so still that it remains in situ with its foetid black woolen.

Wunsche euch ein Froeliches Neujahr!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast