Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Different tunic types

Article about: I have been searching Google images for a period photo of an SS tunic that i have heard described but never seen, Basically it is the tunic in the attached image with the two buttons at the

?

Default SS Different tunic types

I have been searching Google images for a period photo of an SS tunic that i have heard described but never seen, Basically it is the tunic in the attached image with the two buttons at the back and the slanted pockets, but with army style dark green collar around the neck. Is this a real type of SS tunic or is it made up?

Please note i do not own this picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Different tunic types  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Different tunic types
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Different tunic types

Yes, that is an Allgemeine SS Verfügungstruppe M37 Tunic, in earth gray, not the standard black.

The Elite M37 feldblouse is the first elite troops’s uniform which adpoted the army’s field-grey color, it was issued to lah and Verfüngstruppe units since mid 1938 to replace the earth-grey M34 feldbluse, and worn by them from the invasion of Poland through the Russian campaign 1941.

The tunic is features with the field grey collar, the Elite style internally hung lower pockets with slanting flaps, the shallow top pocket flaps.the internal load bearing suspenders, and the two belt hooks of the early pattern M34 feldbluse were replaced with four as the Army’s M36 feldbluse.

Here is a pic, and a web site about the uniforms in wear.

Datei:Bundesarchiv Bild 101I-380-0069-37, Polen, Verhaftung von Juden, SD-Männer.jpg ? Wikipedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Different tunic types  

?

Thanks for the reply i meant something like that tunic with slanted pockets, but with a collar that buttons up and looks like this. (without the army insignia)

Please note i do not own this photo either.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Different tunic types 

?

Personally I did not think that a existet models is M 37 only. ! did seen the tunic with sceleton type liner, but the same configuration as known M 37, with black label on the pocket 'SS RF befohlene Ausfuehrung" and if I right remember 1936 SS RZM black label. Also there is two configurations of M 37 tunics. One as known SS SD type tunic, fully lined, with two buttons on the backside (regular issue and not a tailored example) snd french cuffs
    And another one is contract type with a liner which is loks like on the regular M 36- 40 Heeres issue tunics, just some of them seen with waist and cuffs inside straps, made the same material as a liner, and has internal lower pockets, and closure for 4 opened buttons.
    Another one is a lightweight drillich cloth tunics, seen in two colors- erd brown and feld grau. Both of the tunics, has an old pre 1937 year white SS Dienstrock labels on them, just has a partial lining system, and french cuffs ( again some examples seen withouth that cuffs, and looks like factory made examples)
    The tunics worn in the eastern front, as a sommer uniform, was locally redone, with cutting off the french cuffs, due they are allways catched for weapons etc.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hi,

what tunic model is this? Is it just a standard tunic worn differently?

again do not own picture.

Appears to be a Heer pattern M36 with the collar pressed open, as you can see the hook and eye closesure fittings to the neck.

The tunic you mentioned which started this thread wound be tailor made. I have seen SS Officers wearing this style: slash lower pockets but with green collar.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Here is an example of the tunic you describe

hand banana
    ?

could be m28 reichswehr officer tunic, it had slash pockets

(image from German WWII Reproduction Tunics)

Colonel Augustus Autumn
    ?

Funny how that SS Lieutenant Colonel seems to have a Heer officer breast eagle for a sleeve eagle.

Quote by Colonel Augustus Autumn View Post
    Funny how that SS Lieutenant Colonel seems to have a Heer officer breast eagle for a sleeve eagle.
    Not uncommon at all. I have seen this practice carried out on various tunics especially Das Reich and Totenkopf officers. Welcome to the Forum!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast