Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS doctors outfit and trunk

Article about: In view of SS ideology, and the attention that Himmler devoted to various similar pseudo/scienctific/medical research, it doesn't surprise me terribly to see the SS Arzt title. I am far more

Default Re: SS doctors outfit and trunk

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    As the guy BATTERY post accused me of putting the Caeser name in the pants and on the trunk
    I did not accuse you of faking anything, i simply said that it looks as if the handwriting on the trunk and the pants are the same. This would be a good thing, if the writing on the trunk were real, but it is not. Whoever wrote this (I don't think it was you, i don't know who it was) did not do their research properly, assumed Dr Caesar was an MD, and put a Medical Officer's rank on the trunk.

I can understand your being upset by my opinion, and opinion it is, but you are not being upset, you are being OFFENSIVE. I toned my post down to be polite, as i guessed this might happen, but my actual opinion of the set is that it is an OBVIOUS fake, as on first look nothing adds up, and just a basic internet search on the German version of Wikipedia shows the whole thing to be nonsense.
    If you want an expert opinion, from what I have seen of the guy's work, HPL2008 is exactly the person to ask, and if you want an opinion by someone who doesn't know what he's on about, why did you post it on here?

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS doctors outfit and trunk
    P
    Many

?

I dont Believe anyone called you a fraud these fine gentlemen were posting there opinions that is why you posted your SS doctors outfit and trunk here in the first place was it not .

Regards Mark K

I am respectful to those who treat me respectful.How would like to be accused of screwing around with that outfit.I come from the old school OB and i dont take kindly to someone calling me a fraud.
    Neither of us called you a fraud.

We pointed out implausibilities in these items based on objective, researched facts and in an appropriate, civilized language.

I started in 1969 and that doesnot make me an expert nor is anyone else.Nobody knows everything about German memorabilla from A-Z thats imo impossible.
    Nobody claimed to be an "expert" or to "know everything".

They have their opinion and thats there God given right.Its how you go about giving it either like a gentleman or a rude person.
    Quoth the man who called us "gasbags".
    Last edited by HPL2008; 11-03-2011 at 12:33 AM.

I said what i had to say.I dont need your permission to post my opinions,they are mine and you have yours.It seems like some of you are offensive as the way you post replies.You implied that i screwed with the tunic and trunk and now you wont owe up to it.I wont post anything more as i dont need your replies and i will just see the other members talk about their stuff and if i can help the newer collectors.I knew sooner or later this nonsense would start and i will not reply to any of you so you can go your way and i will go mine.Thats all!!!!!!!!!!!

?

I said what i had to say.I dont need your permission to post my opinions,they are mine and you have yours.It seems like some of you are offensive as the way you post replies.You implied that i screwed with the tunic and trunk and now you wont owe up to it.I wont post anything more as i dont need your replies and i will just see the other members talk about their stuff and if i can help the newer collectors.I knew sooner or later this nonsense would start and i will not reply to any of you so you can go your way and i will go mine.Thats all!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good idea.
    SS doctors outfit and trunkSS doctors outfit and trunkSS doctors outfit and trunkSS doctors outfit and trunk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS doctors outfit and trunk   SS doctors outfit and trunk  

After applying a“Vibarance” filter in Photoshop
    you can clearly see that there was once a Heer eagle on this tunic..
    I don’t think that a Sturmbannführer in the SS, especially a “doctor”
    would use a pre used tunic... He would most likely have a tailored
    Private perches tunic, even if he was once a regular “medic” in the
    army before he got into the SS, he would not use his old tunic and modify it..

That is my opinion about that..

Best regards from Norway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS doctors outfit and trunk  

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post

Best regards from Norway
    Oh yes, I can see it now. KC1 mentioned it but i couldn't see it.. probably the settings on my computer monitor. Now I look, you can actually see the outline of the slightly longer army collar patches too.

This also answers the early comment by walter about the thick underlay. Someone has added a fake extra layer under the original Heer medical underlay. That's why it look way too thick.

Love the SS Bunny farm btw

Rob

One other thing...

How many awards did he get awarded, does anybody know?
    I can see loops for 3 awards on the left pocket
    and loops for a rather long ribbon bar..

Best regards from Norway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS doctors outfit and trunk  

Quote by oksnevad_2 View Post

Best regards from Norway

Regards to Norway and thanks for the "illumination".
    In my opinion nothing is impossible and it can be that this is his old uniform.
    I always learning particularly by SS items and I like the respectfull Handling
    with other forum guys!
    Regards
    Nikolaus

?

I have to agree with the other dissenting opinions here. I'm not in any way an expert, so I'm not able to evaluate the uniforms, but the SS "swagger stick" (please, what is the proper German term for such a thing?) seems to be very roughly made with very soft features, not at all in fitting with the very obsessive attention to detail that the SS in particular and the Nazis in general are famous for. The same can be said for the labeling on the trunk, a man of this stature would likely have had a more professional label for his trunks, perhaps even something with just his initials? The way the labels are now seems to be more in the nature of how a young enlisted man would label his items, not an older person who had received a doctorate IMHO. I don't say any of this to be of offense, but this hobby is full of con-men and thieves who seek to rob collectors such as us, and the more methodical and fact-based we are, the better we can guard ourselves against fakes. HPL2008 has a very impressive breadth of knowledge in these things and I'm very grateful for his expertise.

P.S. An additional thought on the trunk's lettering.
    The lettering looks more like it was done using a modern "paint pen" rather than paint, look at how it "rolls" over the bumpy surface. I'm not an artist, but I've used paint pens and paint, and this is how a paint pen behaves. If the person doing the labeling was using paint it would be much more "straight" and "rigid". Also, it looks very rushed, and not like the person writing their name put much thought into how to properly space things. Look at the SS "nummer" and how it works around the rivet rather than finding a place with more space.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast