Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Article about: Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

?

Default Re: SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

John,

As well as looking at the fonts and the ageing on some of them I think it pays to know something about German and SS Unit designations before people spend money on dog tags.

Many of the unit designations make no sense and luckily some of the the fakers know very little about them as well.

As an example SS II / PANZ DIV DAS REICH , doesn’t relate to any actual unit !!!

1 SS Pz DIV LAH the same , 3 E LAH ??

3 SS Pz AA 11 ( 3 Kompanie SS Panzer Auflarungs Abteilung 11 ) the Recce Bn of Nordland is okay as a unit designation but the font and the scorch / burn marks !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?
    P
    Many

PHILBROWN
    ?

Paul,the depot one seems very convincing to me, the more i look at it , the more i cant see a prob, but if john thinks its wrong , then,,,,,,whats the give away on that one please?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi Dimas, thanks for the info. That is interesting they tattooed it on the soldats body. I never knew, or heard that before. Great info.

Regards, Steve
    The Royal Marines have their blood group tattooed on. But most incorperate it in a tattoo anyway. Several of my mates were RM's & they all have it. Stewy S

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    The Royal Marines have their blood group tattooed on. But most incorperate it in a tattoo anyway. Several of my mates were RM's & they all have it. Stewy S
    Common thing in the forces Stewy not many got it done under the left arm though only those in the know !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Zinc coated steel dog tags will corrode black, never red as is evident in some of the fakes posted on this thread. This is an example of a genuine tag that belonged to Sturmbannfuhrer Alfred Arnold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Unfortunately Bob, as I gave my opinion about your dog tag before is the same "factory" as posted by John, now I have them to compare.
    Reasons: The digits on the dogtag is obvious late 80's era Soviet matrix
    The "A" letter has a same damage on the matrix.
    Letter "u" and "n" is the same just rotated 180 grad.
    Screwdriver made runes and the slash
    Blood group which is unusual for SS dogtags ( only about 15 % has a blood group)
    Also I 've compare the other letters too

That dogdag was made somewhere in Kaliningrad
    Probably that number belongs to Alfred, but the tag is copy IMHO, and a font used on it is well known only on a bad tags.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?   SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas,

What a thoroughly comprehensive post, well done with the comparison photographs. I can see what you mean by the fonts being very similar if not THE same.

I do look forward to hearing Bobs response to this visual demonstration you have provided of the two dog tags, I wonder what date Bob acquired his particular tag ?

Cheers,

Grant

?

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Hi Dimas,

What a thoroughly comprehensive post, well done with the comparison photographs. I can see what you mean by the fonts being very similar if not THE same.

I do look forward to hearing Bobs response to this visual demonstration you have provided of the two dog tags, I wonder what date Bob acquired his particular tag ?

Cheers,

Grant
    I find this thread to be very interesting also. Even if two of the fake tags are mine! I had high hopes for both of these tags, thats why I posted pictures of them.
    I'm really disappointed with the Hohenstaufen; it was not cheap and it was supposed to be good. I trusted this dealer but now I don't know.
    The Reichsfuhrer SS came from a friend and I think he really thought it was good. I know I did. At least it was a lot cheaper.
    I have a few more but I'm almost afraid to post pictures of them!

Best Regards,
    Mike

Great detective work Dimas & thanks for sharing with us. Stewy S

?

Trusted dealers will return your money without problems
    Quote by M422A1 View Post
    I find this thread to be very interesting also. Even if two of the fake tags are mine! I had high hopes for both of these tags, thats why I posted pictures of them.
    I'm really disappointed with the Hohenstaufen; it was not cheap and it was supposed to be good. I trusted this dealer but now I don't know.
    The Reichsfuhrer SS came from a friend and I think he really thought it was good. I know I did. At least it was a lot cheaper.
    I have a few more but I'm almost afraid to post pictures of them!

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast