Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

Article about: Hi guys,even my most pristine docs show some sign of wear. Maybe Bob can get some close up pics or scans so we get a better look. Stewy S

PHILBROWN
    ?

Default Re: SS Dog Tag Can Someone Translate Please?

the TK is well documented as original, nice keeper. love to see the others close up,

2. # ADS

Dimas,

When you have it in the hand it looks like someone has added the SS - at a different time, you know what I mean it just don't feel right but the disc looks right.

Jock

?

I dont think its added later, just all the inscription and the digits font, is doubty
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Phil,

Since they are quite easily faked should I put pics of them all on here, would it not be a double edged weapon?

Jock

Dimas,

I take your word for it as it is one I have not discovered myself. However I have others with similar font that have come out of the ground. I think I need to buy a book about it, do you know any good reference?

Jock

?

Hi Dimas , this is a very interesting item to read , do you think that the late eighties russian fake tags with the known bad fonts which you have discussed could actually have been made earlier than you state ? I really value your opinion and thanks for showing the examples , very informative

cheers Al

PHILBROWN
    ?

maybe, just love to see your stuff send them me instead

?

Must admit i don't like the SS Pi tag either , not sure what unit it's supposed to be ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Bob,is the grouping posted on here? I'd certainly like to see it. Stewy S
    Stewy-
    I have posted bits and pieces but have never photographed the whole group. With all of the documents, it would take me a month to post. I do plan to shoot all of the medals at some point and post them with previously posted things such as the uniform and the DKIG.
    I have never had any problem with zinc discs. In a land far away and long ago, I once purchased three zinc SS discs and fifteen daggers from a vet back in the early 70's. He wanted $1 for each of the discs and $5 a piece for the daggers(a couple were bayonets but is complaining).
    Due to the provenance, I will never doubt the Arnold disc and allow others to make up their own mind. As I previously mentioned, faced with the whole grouping, a visor cap or dagger would have increased the value of the group more than just a lowly zinc ID disc. My theory is one possibility. Thread such as this one are good for the hobby as it gives us a chance to examine standing theory when it comes to these things. There are things I know through direct veteran information(more than one)that would really confuse an area of collecting. To me, the information does not make any difference to the legitimacy of items so it really does not make any difference.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

An example of a document that to me is far more vauable than an identity disc. Arnolds Dienstausweiss as a Hauptsturmfuhrer attached to Totenkopf Brandenburg, Oranienburg Concentration Camp. I am also posting his postumous DKIG with the urkunde signed by Keitel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?   SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  

SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?   SS Dog Tag  Can Someone Translate Please?  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast