Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dogtag

Article about: The identity disc of a SS officer attached to a Panzer replacement battalion.

Default SS Dogtag

The identity disc of a SS officer attached to a Panzer replacement battalion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dogtag  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dogtag
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Dogtag

Nice LAH disc.I believe

what is the story Bob.how you get it?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    educate a simplton john, wouldnt it have his number on it ?
    No its a legit disc mate. I think that this one is featured in the Erkennungsmarke book i have?

I'll check tonight when i get home

I have the advantage over you and know who wore this one. But I will let Bob tell the story

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have the advantage over you and know who wore this one. But I will let Bob tell the story

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade. thanks for jogging the brain cells. I think i know it too, I thought it rang some bells inside my brain somewhere

?

Bob, what is the source of this Dog Tag? It would be very interesting to know. I really don't like the font
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi dimas
    I have to disagree with you, this one is fine

The disc was part of the Alfred Arnold Jr. grouping I obtained around ten years ago. The material was part of a larger grouping that belonged to both Arnold Sr.(an Allgemeine Brigadefuhrer) and Arnold Jr., who was in the HJ in the late 20's, an early SA mann, transfered to the SS, graduated Tolz, was attached to Totenkopf Brandenburg and later the Waffen SS Totenkopf Division. Arnold was twice wounded. This tag is likely worn during the short time he was in a replacement unit before being assigned to Panzer Battalion Gross in 1944. He was KIA in October of 1944 and postumously awarded the DK in gold.
    All of the Arnold material was sold by Jr.'s sister Hedwig The grouping to Arnold Jr. included a tunic, breeches, schiffen, boots with boot trees, all of his decorations, the ID disc, two photograph album,s and 200+ loose photos , a binder with likely every ausweiss and document Arnold received(over 200) and another binder containing over 70 letters of condolence from leading military and political figures of the 3rd Reich including Keitel, Himmler, Darre, Vpn Ribbentrop and others.
    Phil's book belonged to Arnold Sr. There were many books given as gifts to Sr. from Himmler and Darre. It is my understanding that one individual bought the lion's share of the library(aboout 200 books with dedications) and is currently seeking a buyer.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

I don't say it's not good, just a lot of discovered with similar font, and due of that asking
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast