Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dress insignia real or fake?

Article about: I bought this a while ago and never bothered to research it. The screw backs and badge look real enough but the "screws" are actually screws welded onto the insignia. Any help woul

carlson77
    ?

Default SS dress insignia real or fake?

I bought this a while ago and never bothered to research it. The screw backs and badge look real enough but the "screws" are actually screws welded onto the insignia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS dress insignia real or fake?  SS dress insignia real or fake?  SS dress insignia real or fake?  SS dress insignia real or fake?  SS dress insignia real or fake? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS dress insignia real or fake?

I am sorry that yours is a fake.

Others have authentic examples, I think Mr. Hritz or maybe Mr. Coleman.

Here is something I have at hand from a noted dealer who has the Lorenz Gesellschaftanzug money jacket.

The real thing looks pretty dorky in my opinion, but this below is an authentic badge.

The reverse is classified, as no pictures exist of same, but it surely does not look like the over RZM'd and numeriert thing posted above.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dress insignia real or fake?  

a contemporary illustration....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dress insignia real or fake?  

The Lorenz jacket....

The former owner, before he owned this jacket above.

Frankly, I would rather have the uniform in this image ca. 1933 here than the monkey jacket above, even though the latter were costly in their time and more so today.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS dress insignia real or fake? 

I had always thought all these were fake. Once again I learn somthing new. I suppose these pins are uber rare amd most of the ones in circulation are fake?

The real thing looks fake to me, in fact, but it is authentic.

An authentic badge is very rare and Bob Coleman and Bob Hritz either have owned them or do own them.

I was raised on the Delta International ones of my salad years.

However, the badge did indeed exist and there is a lot of photos of people wearing them in the years 1938ff.

Here are the gala decorated trousers with a lot of Lampassen.....

Here is the smiling Julius Schaub in the Fuehrerbau.....so clothed. His badge is obscured. Of course, the SS was an elite organization and as the regime consolidated itself, was called upon for representational duties commensurate with service in the entourage of the head of state. This order of dress was a natural consequence of the roles and missions of the organization, as well as both AH and Heini H's sense of pomp and circumstance. One notes that similar elegant evening wear was introduced in the Luftwaffe, but not in the army. The Bundeswehr, however, has had a similar evening jacket for formal wear. No doubt because of an innate sense of elegance and the effect of NATO. But this is another theme entirely.

This is the badge in the all important Hritz collection, which I take the liberty of posting here for the education of all. This piece appears to have the tell-tale red textile with the Totenkopf. Garish, to be sure.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This is the badge in the all important Hritz collection, which I take the liberty of posting here for the education of all. This piece appears to have the tell-tale red textile with the Totenkopf. Garish, to be sure.
    Is there any pictures of the back of this badge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast