Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Dress Tuxedo Badge

Article about: I understand your frustration, Brian. But this is one of the few items that the fakers haven't nailed. I also think it's an Old Boy's Club factor also. I wouldn't get very frustrated by it.

Default Re: SS Dress Tuxedo Badge

Apropos the issue that has arisen with authentic and fake black caps (now all black caps are fake, especially the real ones...) I note here that my senior colleagues have wisely not posted information that can be of use to the fakers. Bravo.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-13-2011 at 05:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dress Tuxedo Badge
    P
    Many

One of these has recently been listed on the maroon site for sale for $9500 and it looks to be an original in my limited opinion on these. He has included pictures of the reverse, makers marks, RZM mark and the attachment plate.

I have saved the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dress Tuxedo Badge  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    One of these has recently been listed on the maroon site for sale for $9500 and it looks to be an original in my limited opinion on these. He has included pictures of the reverse, makers marks, RZM mark and the attachment plate.

I have saved the pictures.
    I notice you didnt

Not that it matters; if its real, its now out there....

BTW The badge designer(s) relly screwed the pooch on this one IMO

I'll post them if the mod on this forum thinks it's ok to do so, as there has been some controversy about showing the reverse. As you say, they are available for viewing elsewhere at this time, though they might not be up for long.
    Regards,

Jerry

It has just been announced as being sold and the seller has asked for the sales thread to be deleted.
    Regards,

Jerry

The maroon madness site dissolved into one of its periodic witch hunts and burning of martyrs over this issue, so one is well advised to refer to the thicket of nonsense there.
    I am more than a beginner SS collector and have had the chance to buy one of these monkey jackets with the badge, and happily did otherwise.
    This item along with the conventional "scull" is akin to the atomic bomb in that it seems only to make people want more and to make them also totally insane.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The maroon madness site dissolved into one of its periodic witch hunts and burning of martyrs over this issue, so one is well advised to refer to the thicket of nonsense there.
    I am more than a beginner SS collector and have had the chance to buy one of these monkey jackets with the badge, and happily did otherwise.
    This item along with the conventional "scull" is akin to the atomic bomb in that it seems only to make people want more and to make them also totally insane.
    Not something I would be looking for to add to my collection, but I thought it would be of interest to some here -unless I found one in a boot sale for a quid. I also thought that there was some controversy on this site as well, about showing the reverse hardware. It is useful to add the knowledge of the presumably correct reverse to my memory.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Bond View Post
    Not something I would be looking for to add to my collection, but I thought it would be of interest to some here -unless I found one in a boot sale for a quid. I also thought that there was some controversy on this site as well, about showing the reverse hardware. It is useful to add the knowledge of the presumably correct reverse to my memory.
    Im certainly not looking for one either, but I find it interesting none the less.
    And yes, there were a some gnashing of teeth here over whether or not the obverse should be posted.
    I belong in the hopelssly naive camp of "Dont post pics of the obverse, as it might delay the inevitable....I mean, prevent fakers form faking yet anoher lusted for TR item."
    Ditto on the useful info added to your knowledge.
    Sadly I did not see it.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Im certainly not looking for one either, but I find it interesting none the less.
    And yes, there were a some gnashing of teeth here over whether or not the obverse should be posted.
    I belong in the hopelssly naive camp of "Dont post pics of the obverse, as it might delay the inevitable....I mean, prevent fakers form faking yet anoher lusted for TR item."
    Ditto on the useful info added to your knowledge.
    Sadly I did not see it.
    They are still there at this time.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 05-13-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

My posts of SS regalia have improved fakes and harmed the innocent, about which I have very mixed feelings.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast