Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS or Fantasy Items, Pin & Cuff

Article about: I came across these 2 items. I was just trying to confirm authenticity. Help please. THANKS!!

?

Default SS or Fantasy Items, Pin & Cuff

I came across these 2 items. I was just trying to confirm authenticity. Help please. THANKS!!

SS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & Cuff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS or Fantasy Items, Pin & Cuff
    P
    Many

The SS badge is no good!...

As Paul said, the SS civilian badge is definitely no good. Poor quality, totally wrong markings and the pin plate is of a type only found on fakes. (Well, actually,this badge only came in stickpin form, anyway.)

I will leave others to comment on the Oberbayern cuff title.

?

Thanks. I'm fairly new at this. I thought fantasy meant fake or replica. Anxious for news on the cuff title.

Quote by bbb54 View Post
    Thanks. I'm fairly new at this. I thought fantasy meant fake or replica.
    Not as such.

A fake or a replica is a copy of something that actually existed. A fantasy item has no basis in reality.

(I originally wrote that neither item is a fantasy piece, but deleted that sentence again: As the SS civilian badge only came in stickpin form, an argument could be made that this pinback version is actually not just fake, but a fantasy badge. A matter of definition, really.)

the cufftitle is a one looker poor fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Totenkopf cuff title is a fake

Quote by bbb54 View Post
    Thanks. I'm fairly new at this. I thought fantasy meant fake or replica. Anxious for news on the cuff title.

There is only one criterion that matters: made prior to May 1945 or made after May 1945. In the case of what you enclose, neither item was made in the period. Basta.

Also, some very expert people have agreed to help you and their help is priceless.

The internet is filled with SS junk and filled, further, with people who aspire to know, but cannot really learn.

The result is confusion and bedlam, and anyone who aspires to collect SS regalia had better arm themselves with the time and reference material of the 2oth century
    model in order to venture out into these confusing precincts.

Bob and Andreas are the pillars of this site.

- - ------- - -

If you want to collect cuff titles, buy the Bando Beaver Waffen SS war trophy book.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Not as such.

A fake or a replica is a copy of something that actually existed. A fantasy item has no basis in reality.

(I originally wrote that neither item is a fantasy piece, but deleted that sentence again: As the SS civilian badge only came in stickpin form, an argument could be made that this pinback version is actually not just fake, but a fantasy badge. A matter of definition, really.)
    Well said.

SS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffSS or Fantasy Items, Pin & CuffNot fantasy items, and made prior to the bitter, bloody end in the Spring of 1945. Not easily had, and requiring decades of intense study, as done by colleagues Bob and Andreas....good luck to all beginners, but a word of advice: buy some good sound books first before you begin to spend precious money on
    the heap of junk in the internet. The real material is concentrated in only a few places.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast