Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Flag any help please?

Article about: I have a chance to go and look at this flag i know the pictures are not close ups, but it gives the general idea of the flag and it is size 27X19. wondering if anyone could give me good advi

?

Question SS Flag any help please?

I have a chance to go and look at this flag i know the pictures are not close ups, but it gives the general idea of the flag and it is size 27X19. wondering if anyone could give me good advice on what to look for with this flag such as stiching, thread count etc, what materials would have been used to make this flag etc. thanks for any help in this matter for this will be my first up close look at an actual SS item real or fake. John
    Attached Images Attached Images SS  Flag any help please?  SS  Flag any help please?  SS  Flag any help please? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS  Flag any help please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Flag any help please?

Ha! Let me know how you make out with this. I found this in the same place you did and searched the forum for known examples to compare against to see if it was authentic.....and then there was the one I was looking at staring right back at me! Not a bad price if authentic too...Good luck!
    Last edited by Masonk; 08-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote by john31 View Post
    I have a chance to go and look at this flag i know the pictures are not close ups, but it gives the general idea of the flag and it is size 27X19. wondering if anyone could give me good advice on what to look for with this flag such as stiching, thread count etc, what materials would have been used to make this flag etc. thanks for any help in this matter for this will be my first up close look at an actual SS item real or fake. John
    John, although the pictures are not the greatest, I do believe this is one that was sold by Delta International in the 70's.

They were sold as fakes, and now a few decades down the line, they look very convincing.
    The sort of stitching that would be apparent, is like this........................

Also a page from a catalogue from the time
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS  Flag any help please?  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS  Flag any help please? 

?

Below is a link to a thread with two authentic examples to use for comparison...

SS Flag
    Last edited by Masonk; 08-23-2010 at 04:17 PM.

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Below is a link to a thread with two authentic examples to use for comparison...

SS Flag
    thanks yuengling for the help i tried to search for the same post for i saw it before but couldent remember ware, not to worrie i do know the basics about this stuff to get by but i have never had the chance at an ss pease before, ill black light it an so on and if it comes up to be real ill have it back here before 5 pm. see what gets me is the other flag this man has is real i know that dosent mean much but if there both from the same vet who sent them back my odds may be prity good. so just have to weight and see. thanks again john

?

Yeah, I saw the other flag and the tobacco cards this seller had as well. Wonder if they have any other items they haven't posted yet.

SS items are such a gamble....what a shame. Well, If you do grab it, be sure to post some pics. Would like to see that it is authentic and then kick myself for not jumping at it! But you posted it first and I would never want to swoop in and grab something up that another member was interested in.

So you're right around the corner from me. Have you been collecting for a while? Any places you frequent for items? I'll PM you with some places I go to that have the occasional good find...

?

send me an im we are most likely with in 5 min from eachother, lol. small world

?

PM sent..... Yeah, small world indeed!

?

ok i have did some testing with this flag with the black light test, there was no trace of the white glowing what so ever,thread the SS runes rope etc. also found a pice of thread from were the rope is attached removed it, tried the burning test, the thread went right up just like a fuse did not linger and burn down. everything on this flag just seem to be very well constructed, from all the stiching to how its put together. any other info would be very helpfull.

also i forgot to mention that the thred is not single strand.

Hi John, I honestly believe this is a fake from the 1970's too. The markings don't inspire any condifence: I am right in thinking one says Auchwitz? The pics are rather small.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast