Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-Führerschule Tölz Armband

Article about: Hello gentlemen, Could you please verify an authenticity of the cuff title. The band is related to all-original German SS Officer School at Bad Tölz. It measures 46 cm long and 3 cm wide. Th

Asp
    ?

Default SS-Führerschule Tölz Armband

Hello gentlemen,

Could you please verify an authenticity of the cuff title. The band is related to all-original German SS Officer School at Bad Tölz. It measures 46 cm long and 3 cm wide. The cuff title is woven, with silver silk Latin letters with bullion 6 wire borders top and bottom.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Last edited by Asp; 12-16-2014 at 06:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Führerschule Tölz Armband
    P
    Many

I passed this along to David Delich, who gave it a very abrupt down check. A stinker. Or: this enclosure is a fake cuff title.

Thanks to David Delich for his support of our work.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-16-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Here's an original posted on the Forum a few months ago...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-Führerschule Tölz Armband  

Unless I am very much mistaken (and I will gladly stand corrected), no version with the text "SS-Führerschule Tölz" ever existed. I am aware of the following succession of patterns for this school's cuff titles:

• 1.) "SS Schule Tölz" in Sütterlin script, introduced in 1934.
    • 2.) "SS-Schule Tölz" in Gothic letters, introduced in 1936 (when it was decided that Sütterlin script on SS cuff titles was to be exclusive to the LSSAH). Period photographs show that this pattern was worn well into the war years despite being replaced by:
    • 3.) "SS-Schule Tölz" in Gothic letters with runic "SS", introduced in Sept. 1939 (when a regulation change ordered the "SS" to be written in runic form only).

Williamson & McGuirl speculate that a fourth pattern my have been introduced in Dec. 1939 when the use of Latin script was ordered for SS cuff titles instead of Gothic letters but remark that this has not yet been confirmed by photographic evidence.

In any case, the former SS-Führerschulen at Bad Tölz and Braunschweig were re-designated as SS-Junkerschulen in 1937, which also contradicts the existence of a cuff title with the text "SS-Führerschule Tölz" in the "final" style with runic "SS" and Latin script.

(The school's cuff title listed in a 1936 price list)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 12-17-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Also the paper between the letters on the back is known for repro's.

Asp
    ?

Question

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Unless I am very much mistaken ...
    Many thanks, Andreas, for exhaustive explanation.
    I've found only same pattern of the text in the russian edition O.Kurylev "The third Reich. 1933-1945. Full Atlas.", where author refers the cuff title to last years of WWII. Illustration from the book is below (first item). Unclear, what source did author use. The font is little different, although there might been variations.

Asp
    ?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Probably, this is not objective method for fake recognition. As an example, this authentic cuff title, that has same paper.

Regards,
    Alex

Quote by Asp View Post
    Many thanks, Andreas, for exhaustive explanation.
    I've found only same pattern of the text in the russian edition O.Kurylev "The third Reich. 1933-1945. Full Atlas.", where author refers the cuff title to last years of WWII. Illustration from the book is below (first item). Unclear, what source did author use. The font is little different, although there might been variations.

I am reluctant to observe that this illustration shows an array of fake items. David Delich has the leading collection of SS cuff titles in the North American/Western European biotope.

Andreas is also a careful and comprehensive student of the literature and he is quite right.

As a reference, do use the Bando-Beaver Waffen SS insignia book, which is also published in Europe in the French language. I do not wish to be culturally insensitive, but I find this source outstanding.

And, I also note that eastern European and or Eurasian sites recycle most of our images in any case. That is, certain collections and collectors offer the foundation for this inquiry, and this statement

is free of political merit etc. David Delich is the bedrock of all inquiry about SS insignia, not the least because of his extraordinary knowledge and greater generosity with his collection.

SS-Führerschule Tölz ArmbandSS-Führerschule Tölz Armband
    Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    This comment does not refer to the paper RZM tag. Carlsson writes of the Unterlage for the Stickerei as seen from the reverse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast