Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Germania tabs

Article about: They are not mine ( I will post my later when I will open my boxes ) but interesting that I never seen the later type ( right) in the Russia ( or probably I was not lucky to see? )

?

Default SS Germania tabs

They are not mine ( I will post my later when I will open my boxes )
    but interesting that I never seen the later type ( right) in the Russia ( or probably I was not lucky to see? )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Germania tabs  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Germania tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Germania tabs

nice and rare tabs

grassy49
    ?

ok I don't know much about these but the runes look different they are closer together on one and father apart on the other

?

The is early - the right is later type- that is why the patterns is different.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

These variations are entirely normal.

I am sure our colleagues blessed with many SSVT tabs can give us little picture essays on the range of variations in embroidery. I think by about 1938 or so, these things were somewhat standardized with the Unterlagen, i.e. embroidery templates. However, each one of these was a Unikat, i.e. it was in a strict sense unique because some woman made it as Heimarbeit for some embroidery firm.

?

Variation between these handmade items is an interesting, and, to some, an infuriating aspect.

SS Germania tabs

?

These are my two cents to compare...

SS Germania tabsSS Germania tabsSS Germania tabsSS Germania tabs

My friend, I hope you bought the ex Buhler Germania piece. Bravo, and the other one, too, I hope. The Chemnitz Staf.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My friend, I hope you bought the ex Buhler Germania piece. Bravo, and the other one, too, I hope. The Chemnitz Staf.
    Dear friend,

Yes, I did purchase the ex Buhler Germania piece. I thought about adding all three but I tried to limit myself because of space and budget, the silk cap was pricey and I had to exercise some restraint. The Germania piece spoke to me because of the silk cap - some may recall the owner was of this regiment and of this rank at the time of his service in same- and it spoke to me more so than the Holters Mantel. The Chemnitz piece is very nice and sold just before I decided to "pull the trigger" on the purchase. The sale of the Chemnitz piece simplified the decision and I salute the owner of that nice item.

I must say, I like the base tunic regardless of the insignia that adorns it. The material is very thick and soft and has the honest patina of an item that belongs to the period. Despite its excellent state of preservation the patina betrays its age. As legend has it, Robert Hassler secured this piece from the descendants of the original owner in Germany early on in the previous decade and it then went to Doug Buhler. It now has a new home in my collection where it should reside for the remainder of my time in this world. Thank you for your kind words and, of course, your interventions here.

Best,

CMH

SS Germania tabsSS Germania tabsSS Germania tabsSS Germania tabsSS Germania tabs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast