Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

Article about: Fabulous! I dont often see the gloves, are they a standard issue type or were there many variants? Nick

Default SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

Something not seen everyday. The Gesellschaftsanzug of an LAH officer from the year 1936 with some notable gloves. SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAHSS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

The cap is for sale separately, and is more or less of the same date.

The item is already sold, apparently.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

An exceptional piece. By the way, its owner - as identified by the jacket's label -
    was Erhard Harries, who remained an Obersturmführer with the LSSAH until he resigned from the SS on 21 September 1938. (as per entry in the SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1938)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    An exceptional piece. By the way, its owner - as identified by the jacket's label -
    was Erhard Harries, who remained an Obersturmführer with the LSSAH until he resigned from the SS on 21 September 1938. (as per entry in the SS-DAL of 1 Dec. 1938)
    Donnerwetter! Your skills at research are admirable. One does have to read the addenda of all those who resigned, were chucked out, died, or otherwise vanished. Very vexing sometimes. Thanks. I should have bought it, but I didn't. It is a remarkable piece.

I think these garments more attractive than the monkey jacket with all the Lametta and that stupid aluminum badge introduced a couple of years later.

Also, a much more interesting thing than many of the grungy field uniforms of the final phases of the war, too, but such is my taste.

Yes I noticed that beautiful peace myself when I was looking at grenadier militarias internetshop. It´s already put on hold...

Some body knows it if the cap is on hold too ? it's not marked on Hold... but that means nothing...

Such a nice complete set.

?

Woo! Now that's a pimpin' item.

How ever you wish to describe it, this is an extraordinary uniform and seldom seen. Nor was it very cheap to purchase, either.

Foetid woolens, though.SS Gesellschaftsanzug der LSSAH

The new owner should find the man's personnel file to see why he left the LSSAH in 1938. The turn over in the officer corps and the SS in general prior to 1939 was extraordinary, to say nothing of the later epoch.

Happy foetid woolens to all. The economic crisis has brought forth some interesting material.

Spittelmarkt is off the Leipzigerstrasse south of the former Reichsbank, then Sitz of the SED and now locale of the Auswaertiges Amt. I go by it all the time on the way from Prenzlauerberg through Mitte and on to Charlottenburg or Potsdam. The area between the Rotes Rathaus and Alexanderplatz was formerly much in the textile trade, which it is not any longer granted the impact of world events.

Google maps is a good thing.

I do not know the price that was asked, but there are many collectors who save up the funds for such extraordinary offerings, when they come available. The uniform is one of those relics that does not often appear for sale and the buyer is fortunate to be able to add such a fine piece to his collection.

Bob Hritz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast