Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ss great coat m.36

Article about: hello I would like to get my fellow collectors opinion on this Ss tunic, to me it looks good but I haven't seen to many early Ss greatcoats. Buttons are different but all of them are from 19

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 867521The visual violence in the internet is awful enough, and makes our world a sadder, more desperate place.
    Well said, FB.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss great coat m.36
    P
    Many

Both of you have added in the last few years very greatly to the quality of this site. Bravo.

This kind of collaboration is proof of how this medium can sometimes work to the benefit of people, versus the usual appalling result.

?

Thanks. Dr. CMH is a pillar of our world, as are you, Andreas.

The more I see a fake cap badge in someone's dirty hand, the stronger the impulse to make a more pleasing presentation of regalia.
    Thank you, FB. My success has been primarily a result of your tutelage. I find your photos, especially as of late, to be quite cleansing to the palate in a world filled with Internet photos of grubby palms holding fake items.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you, FB. My success has been primarily a result of your tutelage. I find your photos, especially as of late, to be quite cleansing to the palate in a world filled with Internet photos of grubby palms holding fake items.
    Thanks. Mutual aid and self help is my motto, just like in the great documents of war and peace. The person who has the mind and character to grapple with all the challenges is the successful collector.

viz:

".....Article 3
    In order more effectively to achieve the objectives of this Treaty, the Parties, separately and
    jointly, by means of continuous and effective self-help and mutual aid, will maintain and
    develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack...."

There are too few. Far too few, and it is my great sadness with this fifteen years in the brave new world. There are just not enough good people, and the handful of very bad people has done huge damage.

At the outset, a certain circle of persons set the tone with their aggressive ignorance as well as paranoid posturing which has then dominated ever since. Of course, this site diverges from

that awful record, but it is always threatening to reassert itself.

I recently have been victimized over and over again by cap badge lunatics, who break off the spints and leave nothing but devastation in their wake.

We are also martyred by dumb persons who cannot address complexity, subtlety and imagine that these things were created in a world identical to our own.

When we increase their cognitive dissonance, their response is mental and then visual violence. The decapitations that are the norm in militaria websites are all too common and all too damaging of the whole.

This thread was headed south from the start, but our fine members transformed it into a thing of knowledge and visual pleasure.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-30-2015 at 08:26 PM.

?

Thanks so much, Your new things are a delight. The regulations for the SS coat are very interesting.
    Thank you for your thanks. I will have to share with you more of what I was able to add to my collection. I am hobbling through the material right now, I do wish I possessed Andreas' or your mastery of the language and understanding of the subject- it would make quick work of it.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you for your thanks. I will have to share with you more of what I was able to add to my collection. I am hobbling through the material right now, I do wish I possessed Andreas' or your mastery of the language and understanding of the subject- it would make quick work of it.
    Thanks.

The subject is pretty complex, and this complexity is too much for most people.

Such detail, however, is no real deterrent to the task. With some diligence you can well learn it, and here you can learn it more than elsewhere.
    Andreas is a wonderful translator, with a very, very great gift.

He is actually much better than the professional translators I use in work, who are nice people and diligent, but without his art.

He also has a encyclopaedia of knowledge at his beck and call. He enriches us all.

Both of you have dome a great deal for all, and you have my gratitude.

Without you I could not work here, either.

I started to learn German when I was eighteen, and I spent five years doing nothing much else.

Today it is far easier to keep one's edge as a linguist than in 1970, when I started.

?

As you have said before, Andreas is a genius. In my little world, I am starved of intellectual people and this forum has been a wonderful opportunity to engage in civil and collegial dialogue. My thanks to you, FB, and to Adrian , Wim, Bob Coleman and a host of others that post here regularly.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    As you have said before, Andreas is a genius. In my little world, I am starved of intellectual people and this forum has been a wonderful opportunity to engage in civil and collegial dialogue. My thanks to you, FB, and to Adrian , Wim, Bob Coleman and a host of others that post here regularly.
    We celebrate civil and collegial dialogue as a great, great good! We loathe the enemies of such a thing, and the proprietors here polish them off with a snap of the whip.

My thanks to all your circle, too.

?

Quote by RedarmyDK View Post
    I honestly dont know what is up and what is Down, but as for allgemeine ss would it Make sense that french cuffs are normal and the oposite for waffen ss. I am not saying that This coat has not been tampered With, but if it where originally a wehrmacht coat it imo have french cuffs or traces of Them?

Also where does waffen ss differ from ss-vt regarding early m.36 types of great coats?

Regarding stamps there are traces of markings but no rzm?

It would be Nice if some one had Pictures of a early waffen ss great coat?
    Many others don't know, either. The more I delve into the subject, the more I see similarities and dissimilarities. The regulations of the time do help (re: RZM marks and such)...
    Ss great coat m.36

It appears I do not know what's up and what's down when I attach some of these photos.

?

Similarities and otherwise...Ss great coat m.36

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast