Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ss great coat m.36

Article about: hello I would like to get my fellow collectors opinion on this Ss tunic, to me it looks good but I haven't seen to many early Ss greatcoats. Buttons are different but all of them are from 19

Default Ss great coat m.36

hello I would like to get my fellow collectors opinion on this Ss greatcoat, to me it looks good but I haven't seen to many early Ss greatcoats. Buttons are different but all of them are from 1938, 1936, 1937, and 1939 and they are same color, there is faint stamps, and trace of arm eagle. Also the dark green collar seems sun bleached and the arms are without French cuffs.

Any info/opinions will be appreciated

Regards Thomas.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss great coat m.36   Ss great coat m.36  

Ss great coat m.36   Ss great coat m.36  

Ss great coat m.36  
    Last edited by RedarmyDK; 07-26-2015 at 09:34 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss great coat m.36
    P
    Many

If any one has a lot of info on Pre war ss great costs please let me know, This is not my expertise.
    Perhaps even Pictures of one like This?

Any help Will be highly welcomed.

Regards Thomas

Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Here you go....I am not sure this data is of any help to you.

- - ------- - -

This is a very valuable, rare overcoat, which does differ slightly in its back belt pattern. But it is 1000% real and I have seen no other like it.

Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36Ss great coat m.36I own five SS great coats.

I see a lot of similarities between the green and black version, although I believe the green version is simplified. Very nice greatcoats you have a very nice collection.

And thank you for showing them.

Regards Thomas

?

Thomas,

I was wondering how to distinguish between the standard Heer greatcoat and the coats issued to the Waffen SS? Mollo Vol. 6 talks about the 'army pattern greatcoat' being the standard item according to the December 1939 dress regulations (p. 28).

It they are same it would seem so easy to pass off a Herr coat as SS. I can't help but feel suspicious about how the threads for the arm eagle are so obvious. When was the eagle removed - if 70 years ago then why are the threads still there? if recently then why is there so little difference in tone between the fabric under the eagle and the rest of the very faded coat?

I notice also that the loops for the shoulder straps are a different colour to the rest of the coat - perhaps that is a red flag too? I wonder if any of the more experienced collectors can say whether the shoulder straps themselves are originals?

Philip

As far As i know french cuffs are alway used on wehrmacht coats and in some cases on ss coats, but mainly ss are without. All m36 wh coats i have seen are With french cuffs! I could be wrong but i belive This is true. As for why the colour is not faded wherethe eagle sad i dont know, that is Strange.

Thanks for your input.

All the overcoats I own have french cuffs and then some.

An 1936 or 1937 item would likely have VA and or VA/RZM marks or evidence of same somehow. Either stamps, or tags, or marked buttons.....

The artifice of attaching SS insignia to items and making it appear that it has then been denazified is an old saw.

I honestly dont know what is up and what is Down, but as for allgemeine ss would it Make sense that french cuffs are normal and the oposite for waffen ss. I am not saying that This coat has not been tampered With, but if it where originally a wehrmacht coat it imo have french cuffs or traces of Them?

Also where does waffen ss differ from ss-vt regarding early m.36 types of great coats?

Regarding stamps there are traces of markings but no rzm?

It would be Nice if some one had Pictures of a early waffen ss great coat?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast