Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

Article about: Ok it arrived today! Got this one from same source as I got my SS cape,author of the SS uniforms,accoutrements etc. book Arthur Hayes and also appears in his book..This greatcoat is named to

Default Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

Ok it arrived today! Got this one from same source as I got my SS cape,author of the SS uniforms,accoutrements etc. book Arthur Hayes and also appears in his book..This greatcoat is named to SS officer Josef Baecker of Fulda Werra SS headquarters.Made by Holters it is just stunning in person.Eagle,cufftitle all insignia are super as well as the coat itself,very very nice condition aside from the usual light wear and a {few little moth nips about the collar,{none which go through the wool).Overall in very good shape!Wear is there but its survived wonderfully.Stitching of coat itself displays same thread as several of the insignia,all insignia seem period applied on this one as far as I can tell,all thread is german period type and faded in the right places.This coat along with 2 or 3 of the other high end tunics in Arthurs book all came from the same vet source. I am the third owner aside from Arthur and the vet as he has told me,and are in famous collections.Im sure many of you have seen them{black tunics in his book}Great guy Mr.Hayes and super to deal with.Hope you enjoy it!

I believe Josef Baecker he wore this through one rank upgrade,as it was tailored in 1940 looks like,he made Sturmbannfuhrer in Jan.42.I have his info up til 43ish,dont know what happened to him after that,someone help me??his death anything?After war?Oh and in the Dienstaltersliste {early ones}there is a column for Lebensborn with a life rune or not in the column by each name,what is that mean?If they have children?
    Anyhow he doesnt frequent here all too much but a great guy Mr.Hayes and super to deal with.

Last edited by wewelsburgss; 06-22-2011 at 04:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss greatcoat fulda_werra
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ss greatcoat fulda_werra

A very nice addition to your collection.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

fabulous item!,,,,someday i will have me one of those....

Thank you Bob!

My tounge is out this is so great congrats to ya Sir another great one I humbly Bow to ya sir.

Eric

Stunning. I love it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Very nice , great condition !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Are the shoulder boards mirror image or are the both the same?

Bob Hritz

Quote by wewelsburgss View Post
    I believe Josef Baecker he wore this through one rank upgrade,as it was tailored in 1940 looks like,he made Sturmbannfuhrer in Jan.42.I have his info up til 43ish,dont know what happened to him after that,someone help me??his death anything?After war?Oh and in the Dienstaltersliste {early ones}there is a column for Lebensborn with a life rune or not in the column by each name,what is that mean?If they have children?
    The SS-Dienstalterslisten of 1 Oct. 1943 and 1 Oct. 1944 both still show him as a Sturmbannführer attached to the staff of SS-Oberabschnitt Fulda-Werra.
    Apparently, his rank was honorary. He was definitely not a full-timer in the Allgemeine SS and did not hold officers' rank in the armed forces, Waffen-SS or police, either.
    The Oct. 1944 DAL shows his award of the War Merit Cross 1st Class with Swords which was not present in the Oct. 1943 DAL; apparently, the award was made between those two dates. I have no info on his post-war fate.
    The Lebensborn marking in the earlier DALs simply means that the person was a dues-paying member of Lebensborn e.V. (see Lebensborn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ); it has nothing to do with the existence or number of his own children.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Are the shoulder boards mirror image or are the both the same?

Bob Hritz
    the same... both have RZm tags.never noticed that.ha!But I guess its possible as shortly before only one was being worn.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast