Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS grey peaked cap with runic interior

Article about: From a noted collector comes this exceptional cap, an officer's cap with the grey interior and the runes. Whether this an SSVT cap or not, or even an SSTV cap or not, I know not. It also has

Default SS grey peaked cap with runic interior

From a noted collector comes this exceptional cap, an officer's cap with the grey interior and the runes.

Whether this an SSVT cap or not, or even an SSTV cap or not, I know not.

It also has Cupal Overhoff badge. The eagle is a Wagner. SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interior

The alu insignia was prescribed for the grey cap, whereas this cap has the Neusilber, but the date of the insignia is more or less in the epoch of the cap.

The buttons are also RZM marked and sewn on like for a black officer's cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-12-2014 at 02:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    P
    Many

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorAttachment 645173The cap has no item with a date in it. I have another one with remnants of the runes, and the RZM/SS mark on the peak. The two caps are more or less identical in shape, i.e. with what I think is more or less the Form III size of crown, when I compare it to black caps, that is more or less prior to the Form IV and 1939. Or not....
    My thanks to the famous Paul S.

I have seen more than one NCO or enlisted cap with this grey interior and grey runes and such, but only three in total for an officer. I am sure others exist.

Neither of these caps is in unused condition, to be sure.

Or they are brilliant and subtle fakes, and I am a chump.

Happy hats and may your piping butt properly.

?

Thanks for showing....whilst I will never buy one of these, due to the minefield of fakes, I enjoy seeing quality items

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    Thanks for showing....whilst I will never buy one of these, due to the minefield of fakes, I enjoy seeing quality items
    Thanks. I am reasonably certain that these objects are quite original. I have been at this for fifty years.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-12-2014 at 12:37 PM.

One very seldom sees grey caps of an early date, i.e. 1935 or 1936 or 1937 or so..... or who knows when, 1939?
    There is also differences over the grey shade, but both of these caps here are pre-war field grey. I.e. field grey with the blue tint to it, i.e. akin to blue cheese.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-12-2014 at 03:00 AM.

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorHere on the right is what I describe as field grey with a bluish tint to it...! Notice the contrast to the one on the left.

?

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of the posted caps.....I was referring to SS caps in general....

?

Fantastic. It is in the Wilkins book I think. It's too late to check but it really is an outstanding cap.

Pat

SS grey peaked cap with runic interiorSS grey peaked cap with runic interior
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Fantastic. It is in the Wilkins book I think. It's too late to check but it really is an outstanding cap.

Pat
    Thank you, Patrick. I am not sure if this cap is in the Wilkins book or not.

I have never owned a cap with a Cupal Overhoff Totenschaedel, either.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast