Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Grouping from recent auction

Article about: I'm really shocked this grouping hasn't been discussed here. I personally like all the items and believe they're all original and SS. That said, I do have some concerns, such as did this gro

Default SS Grouping from recent auction

I'm really shocked this grouping hasn't been discussed here. I personally like all the items and believe they're all original and SS. That said, I do have some concerns, such as did this grouping really belong to one individual?
    I also think this tunic deserves further discussion...all opinions welcomed of course.
    SS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auctionSS Grouping from recent auction
    If you're registered you can view the items here;
    https://www.butschek-antiques.com/in...f7017a9&lang=1
    Another discussion on the above grouping;
    SS uniform grouping for review - Page 5 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Grouping from recent auction
    P
    Many

The tunic is certainly not SS with that black collar. It is an enlisted ranks tunic which is evidenced by the course material. Odd mixture of NCO and officer's caps. Possibly a constructed group but the tunic does not match a pattern of any German one I know of.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The tunic is certainly not SS with that black collar. It is an enlisted ranks tunic which is evidenced by the course material. Odd mixture of NCO and officer's caps. Possibly a constructed group but the tunic does not match a pattern of any German one I know of.
    Bob, well said, my feelings are the same.........
    jim

Quote by jimtoncar View Post
    Bob, well said, my feelings are the same.........
    jim
    Thanks Jim. A very odd grouping of stuff.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

The collar is actually a dark green, as seen most clearly in the 4th image.

The whole grouping seemed a little odd.With the visors they just didnt seem right, i almost bid but something stopped me..what was everyones opinions on the visors,strange in such a well kept group that one misses the eagle and the other the skull ..just my less knowledgeable thoughts,will wait for Bob, FB, Stonemints experience etc

The black visor was upgraded to an officer. He did serve in the Allgemeine SS "early" on but considering his age it's hard to believe he reached such a rank. The tunic above is, of course, a private purchase example and I believe the collar isn't black, but rather a very dark green. This would make more sense. If it's not a SS tunic, what would it be? As for the inner material it could be explained by the temperature of were he was or personal preference. Others such as Robert and John seem to like it, according to the thread on WAF, but I must agree with Bob's point, the construction is somewhat strange.

?

It could easily have been from different individuals, its a very long time since the war. God knows how many hands it has been thru until it was sold at SeƱor Butcheks auction.

My 2pesos worth

A more telling photo enhanced of the true color of the left collar, in the background of course.
    SS Grouping from recent auction

Has any of you actually examined these things in person?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast