Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Handschar Collar Tab

Article about: The Rhine title is of course WW1 Veterans. The red edged cuff title is SS. Cheers, Ade.

Default SS Handschar Collar Tab

I was hoping some members would mind providing their opinion on the originality of an SS Handschar Collar Tab. I saw it at a local antique store today and feel pretty comfortable that it is original. While out I was able to compare it to an example on Mr. Whamond's site and another on Mr. Telesmanich's site and it appeared to compare favorably. There are a number on here as well that I've been able to look at now that I'm home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SS Handschar Collar Tab
    SS Handschar Collar Tab
    SS Handschar Collar Tab
    SS Handschar Collar Tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Handschar Collar Tab
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good Dachau made tab.

That you Steve! It would appear to be as I suspected. It's also my first SS piece.

Every Dachau group I bought from a vet had one of these. A nice original example.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for your help Bob! I'm really glad I pulled the trigger when I saw it.

..original without doubts. a good start.

Quote by Hsturmfhgeorg View Post
    ..original without doubts. a good start.
    Thank you! There will be a couple more additions this week. I feel pretty comfortable with a couple other items this dealer has and will be returning.

?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    Thank you! There will be a couple more additions this week. I feel pretty comfortable with a couple other items this dealer has and will be returning.

Nice original Tab , try posting pics on the others before pulling the trigger

Quote by HD1450 View Post

Nice original Tab , try posting pics on the others before pulling the trigger
    Thank you. I'm going to see what I can do. The only other SS item I noticed was a 29th Waffen Grenadier collar tab of similar construction and quality.

The items are located at a multi-dealer shop and these were mostly hidden from view unless you asked them to open the case. It would appear they've been there for some time.

I'm going to grab the other collar tab, a Rhein cufftitle and take a better look at the other items. I'll grab some pictures as well to post on here of other items. For instance there are two cloth visors and a cloth sidecap. I'm not familiar with those items in the least so I will ask for opinions beforehand.

Attached is another picture - please excuse the poor lighting as the place is a little dingy and these items are tucked away.

Is anyone familiar with the red "4" cufftitle? It's listed as HJ but I've not seen one like it.

SS Handschar Collar Tab

?

Looks like a minty tab you got there , judging by the other items at that store as well as your tab were a part of a single group coming from Dachau that a vet or vets family sold to the shop. Are you gonna get the Italian SS patches too? They look clean. Well I hope you can get everything from the vet s grouping, and I would personally keep them together;(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast