Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Hauptsturmführer Rank Tab

Article about: While I am not fond of the Angolia book ca. 1983 or 1989 on SS insignia, it has many images of more or less real badges, and the one insight I derive from a survey of these illustrations is

Default SS Hauptsturmführer Rank Tab

Guys

This look genuine but as always with SS I would be grateful for your opinions

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Hauptsturmführer Rank Tab   SS Hauptsturmführer Rank Tab  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Hauptsturmführer Rank Tab
    P
    Many

?

Nice salty one Nick

Thanks Mark !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

me too, I like it

I like it also, especially the variety of Sternchen, all of which look authentic to me.

Thank you

A friend has a couple of questions about this tab that I cant answer:

"1/ why would one pip have a different state of oxidization ,would it be silver coated or something.
    2/ why would it have three different types of pips.
    3/ why does the piping around it have no apparent oxidizing compared to the two bigger pips.
    It may just be because it has silver thread instead of aluminum. I don’t know
    The two pips with the brass prongs the prongs on them seem to have two different rates of oxidization."

I would be grateful for any help

Thanks

Nick

Has your friend actually ever been around real soldiers?

- - ------- - -

Does your friend know the difference between zinc and aluminum, and how these Werkstoffe appear over the march of the decades?

SS Hauptsturmführer Rank TabSS Hauptsturmführer Rank TabAluminum Sternchen.....

SS Hauptsturmführer Rank TabZinc Sternchen, with their more or less normal appearance across the gulf of time....

- - ------- - -

Most Feinzink loses its painted or whatever finish, and dulls to a grey metal.

Compare the alu piping on your badge to mine, and I see the normal appearance, and the alu wire has a different composition than the Sternchen, plainly.

You can drive yourself insane looking at all our pictures versus a minute examination of authentic items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast