Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Honor ring

Article about: This are all pictures i have!

Vujic
    ?

Default SS Honor ring

This are all pictures i have!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor ring   SS Honor ring  

SS Honor ring   SS Honor ring  

SS Honor ring  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS Honor ring

One thing i do know is these rings, and if i'm correct there should be a seam right behind the Death head, as if i remember right these were made from a straight piece of silver, , according to the ring size, all inscriptions, and symbols on it, and then the part was folded, and applied to the Death Head.

So there should be a seam of some sore right behind the death headl.

Here is a pic of what i mean.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Honor ring 
    Last edited by blackheart0866; 03-18-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Jan
    ?

There are several threads here as to this type of ring and I´m sorry to say this too is a nono :/

Rgds Jan

You can the quality of the silver in the pic i posted, showing the inside of the ring, and the one you posted , its not very good quality silver, and the inscriptions are not that crisp, and clean.

Vujic
    ?

This one hase the same silwer look but its 100% original ! I yust dont wont to lose my money on the fake ring but it looks the same as any other early pattern honor ring, that puzzles me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor ring   SS Honor ring  

SS Honor ring  

Thats a good ring, you can see the seam right behind the Death Head, the fakers on these rings today are not making them as they was they were made.

The originals were made this way, as i told a long time ago;

The main part of the ring, started from a solid blank Solid Silver bar stock, they were poured , and then stamped , and then Himmlers name was added, as was the person the ring was intended for, so each one was personally made for each member that was to wear it.

The bar stock size was choseen for the persons ring size accordingly. It was then folded in the round shape, and the Death head was then attached to the ring completing it. That's why there should all ways be a seam right behind the Death head.

That's the first thing i look for, if its not there, i don't mess with them.

The fakers today just cast them as a whole ring, that's why the inside all ways looks so crappy.

Vujic
    ?

Here you have the same pattern ( eary ) honor ring as the one i posted and the silwer quality is also wery similar! I realy dont know what to think?

Do you have a pic of behind the Death Head, don't mean to pick on this detail, but i've been told that is one of the best ways to tell right off, if it legit or not.

NO seam, then its a fake.

couple more pics of the seam, i've been talking about.

Vujic
    ?

I know what you mean but this are the only photos i have but i belive it must have a seam, specialy becourse the skull is atached to the band and not cast all together with the ring band as all the other comon fakes and it looks to old to be a superfake ewery body tooks abouth this days! It yust may be a real one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast