Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Article about: IMO this hat that arrived today is a good one. However, I'd like your opinions as well. I will post more details later today but here are a few photos I took quickly earlier today. Best, And

Default Re: SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Well done, Anders, and you have made a killing.

Now you can buy the pieces on the Shea and Jenkins sites at the market price to reinforce your collection.

You can justly be proud, and, you belong to the small number of people who actually own authentic grey SS peaked caps, in contrast to the sad, benighted and other befuddled multitude of owners of fake grey SS headwear.

Finally, one signal attribute of much authentic grey SS headwear is that since 1945 it lost its original cap badges. If anything, such is a further sign of authenticity for collectors with some experience of the material.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...
    P
    Many

Gentlemen, Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm very happy!

I will post some more photos when I've found a nice eagle too.

Arffffffff it's a good one for sure lol lucky guy !

Thank you.

I asked Bill Shea, whom I consider to be a friend, to take a look at the same photos you've seen in this thread, Here's his feedback which I was more than welcome to use, and I quote;

"I have looked at the pictures of your fine looking W-SS officer's visor cap and I am pleased to say it's absolutely an original example. In fact for a moment I thought I was seeing double and you will not believe this dejavous. Today in the mail I recieved a W-SS officer's visor cap from a collector in the UK. I was quite familiar with this particular cap because I have owned it before. In fact it is the exact cap pictured on page 14 of Volume 6 of Uniforms of the SS by Andrew Mollo published back in 1972. Well guess one, yours is identical with mine and undoubtedly made by the same maker. Congratulations on your fine score."

I would also like to mention that "The Collector's Guide to the Distinctive Cloth Headgear of the Allgemeine and Waffen-SS" by Michael Beaver with William Shea is now available on The Ruptured Duck

The Collector's Guide to Cloth Headgear of the Allgemeine and Waffen-SS

John T
    ?

Very nice cap!

Congratulations on this nice addition to your collection Anders.

John

Thank you John! I appreciate it.

I am glad this fine hat found it's way to Anders. It is always wonderful to see a collector find a treasure without having to mortgage his eyes to pay for it.

Congratulations on a wonderful find!

Bob Hritz

Anders, your piece is similar to this ( with origins in Wien), which I sold. It cost originally considerably more your than yours, and I sold it for more, too. The Totenschaedel was bum, though. The interior was of the same make, though it had a leather sweat band.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

further images once the Totenschaedel was replaced. This cap came from Wien to the Pacific Coast, thence to the UK.

Once more congratulations and we celebrate your bank balance, too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast