Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Article about: IMO this hat that arrived today is a good one. However, I'd like your opinions as well. I will post more details later today but here are a few photos I took quickly earlier today. Best, And

Default SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

IMO this hat that arrived today is a good one.
    However, I'd like your opinions as well.
    I will post more details later today but here are a few photos I took quickly earlier today.

Best,
    Anders
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...   SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...   SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Button markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...   SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

Under hood. The sweat band is very stiff.

I believe the size is 57

SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...   SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

Last pic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

It's difficult to catch it on photo, but I believe there's been a proper skull and eagle on it at one time. (When I got it, it had Police insignia).

Also, the photo in post 4 shows the colour best, the flash made the inside look very yellow.

Anders-
    100% correct. It is a twin to the cap I have with no sweatshield. As in the case of my hats, the buttons are RZM marked. A gray SS officer's cap bought as a police cap. What a find!!! Congratulations. You will likely have to spend a great more for correct insignia than you paid for the cap itself.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Anders-
    100% correct. It is a twin to the cap I have with no sweatshield. As in the case of my hats, the buttons are RZM marked. A gray SS officer's cap bought as a police cap. What a find!!! Congratulations. You will likely have to spend a great more for correct insignia than you paid for the cap itself.
    Thank you Bob for the great news.

Yes, bought it as a Police visor. For once I was lucky.

Well, I only need an eagle because I think this M1/52 looks pretty cool on the hat. (Fitted the holes perfectly).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...  

?

Nice cap, and don't need's my opinion after the Bob's post
    So, if I will be on your place- I preferable keep the cap as is, with the police insignia if it was originally done to the hat. That will be not easy to remove the traces from the police eagle from the velvet band...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Hi Dimas,

Thanks for changing the headline. I'm also glad you like the hat.

I understand regarding the police insignia, however, there has been an eagle and a skull on it originally. (It's difficult to get it on photo).

I believe that the wrong insignia was put on it post war and this was the way I bought it.

Default Re: SS Infanterie Schirmmuetze. The real deal or?...

Anders, the deschler really did came in handy I had the good feeling previously, and now with better photos, I am loving it even more My sincere congratulations to your wise acquisition

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast