Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

SS insignia from the Ostmark

Article about: by d'alquen I believe the men in post #38 are at the SS camp for Austrian refugees at Waischenfeld . The H.W.L. Schleissheim buldings in the Uebungslager Dachau are quite different. I agree

?

Default Re: SS insignia from the Ostmark

Dass sowohl der Putschversuch in Wien als auch die anschließenden Kämpfe in den Bundesländern von Deutschland aus gesteuert wurden, war offenkundig - als wichtigstes Beweisstück diente der als "Kollerschlager Dokument" bekannt gewordene Aufstandsplan, der auch prominente Aufnahme in das von der österreichischen Regierung 1946 herausgegebene "Rot-Weiß-Rot-Buch" fand. Ebenso offensichtlich ist, dass das teilweise unkoordinierte und dilettantische Vorgehen der Putschisten ein Resultat von Auseinandersetzungen zwischen SA und SS (nur drei Wochen nach der Ermordung von über hundert SA-Führern durch SS und Gestapo im Zuge des so genannten "Röhm-Putschs"!) sowie zwischen der "österreichischen Landesleitung" der NSDAP und der österreichischen SA-Führung gewesen sein dürfte. Die genauen Umstände sind jedoch bisher unerforscht; Heinrich Himmler hatte 1938 eine "historische Kommission" eingesetzt, die das Desaster des Juliputschs aus der Sicht der SS klären sollte. Anlass zu wilden Gerüchten bereits unmittelbar nach dem Putschversuch hatte auch die dubiose Rolle von Sicherheitsminister Fey geboten. Der von Dollfuß entmachtete Führer der Wiener Heimwehr (der bis zum 1. Mai 1934 Vizekanzler gewesen war) hatte von der geplanten Besetzung des Kanzleramts erfahren, die Warnung aber verspätet weitergegeben - und zwar nur an Dollfuß persönlich, den er während der Ministerratssitzung ins Nebenzimmer bat. Nur weil sich die Abfahrt der Lastautos mit den SS-Männern verzögert hatte, war es möglich gewesen, die Ministerratssitzung vorfristig zu beenden, sodass die Putschisten nur mehr Dollfuß und Fey im Kanzleramt antrafen. Eine Klärung der genauen Umstände von Dollfuß’ Tod ist nicht mehr möglich, weil bei der Bergung der Leiche die Spuren am Tatort verwischt wurden.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS insignia from the Ostmark   SS insignia from the Ostmark  

SS insignia from the Ostmark   SS insignia from the Ostmark  

SS insignia from the Ostmark   SS insignia from the Ostmark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS insignia from the Ostmark
    P
    Many

SS insignia from the OstmarkBravo, Ben. well done. I own this blue book you include, which is a Nazi history of the attempt to undermine the Dollfuss Staendestaaat and of the Anschluss in 1938. It is also a Nazi retelling of the fall of the Habsburg empire, with the center of gravity on the rise of the Deutschnationlaen, von Schoenerer and the populist Lueger. The normal suspects.
    I will include other books of note on July 1934 in Austria. Well done. I had not known about the key documents in the planning of the Putsch or of the post war Enquete into the whole issue.
    I love Austrian history.

?

I find the deceptions, lies, ruses, coups and subsequent farcical investigations of past governments, political parties and armed forces etc etc quite fascinating and diabolical.
    Nothing has changed though, the only difference these days is that we have TV, cell phones and the internet so are better informed which means they have to work harder at being devious.

SS insignia from the OstmarkHere is the recent work on the July Putsch of great note. I must find something in English.

Hello Friedrich-Berthold,
    I make some research about SS Oberabschnitt Südwest but I didn't know this document.
    Do you have the titel of the document and the date it was published ?
    Thank you for your help. Regards, Jordy94

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Attachment 444840Here is a chart showing the evolution of the SS Oberabschnitt Suedwest apropos the dynamic mentioned by d'Alquen above as applied to Austria.
    Hello Friedrich-Berthold,
    I make some research about SS Oberabschnitt Südwest but I didn't know this document.
    Do you have the titel of the document and the date it was published ?
    Thank you for your help. Regards, Jordy94

Dear jordy94,

In order that you do not feel ignored, perhaps you should be aware that the chap that you are addressing directly, has been banned from the Forum.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I didn't notice this chap has been banned from the Forum.
    Regards,
    Jordy94

Quote by David North View Post
    Dear jordy94,

In order that you do not feel ignored, perhaps you should be aware that the chap that you are addressing directly, has been banned from the Forum.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Out of couriosity - why has he been banned?

?

Quote by collector19 View Post
    Out of couriosity - why has he been banned?
    The Ban of FB is a sensitive issue, rather than open old wounds, in my opinion it would be best to just leave it lay as it is..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6