Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SS Insignia real or bogus?

Article about: Hi all, i was shown these items just now, and offered to buy them if they are real. The owner is a lady whoms grandfather was a volounteer , Armand Johansson , and he was Rottenfűhrer in div

Hi Fred, the SS sleeve eagle is fake. Known as the "Bowling Pin fake" due to the shape of the eagle's body. These have been around since the late 1970's.

The Gestapo tag is fake too, sorry.

It is best to post one item per thread in the designated forums.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Wiking,

Ulric od England has both Volumes from Collecting Third Reich SS and Political Cuffbands for sale.
    I bought them recently on Ade his advise and they are great.

Succes,
    Ron

?

Ok thank you, will post single threads later on then, thought i was spamming with all my stupid questions about real/fake . Gotta start studying better. User W.K are you reading this?

I think the EK core might be original in the first group of photos. Any other opinions?

Jeff

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The Kriegsmarine breasteagle is the only original thing I see.
    ??? I have been told that that woven 'mesh' backing is a sign of a fake???? ( on other patches shown on the forum over the years it has been dismissed )
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ??? I have been told that that woven 'mesh' backing is a sign of a fake???? ( on other patches shown on the forum over the years it has been dismissed )
    That is right but for german made insignia, this type is especially Belgian.

out of curiosity, the with ss their own ammunition?????????

Name:  766141d1416348667t-ss-insignia-real-bogus-4.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  20.5 KB

we sure that some of the pieces shown are war relics original????
    IMMO ,nothing of these are good.

Sorry Ant, you are totally wrong here. These are perfectly original and thousands have been ground dug.

The SS were forced to have their own ammunition made due to supply restrictions placed on them by the Heer. The Heer was very opposed to to any other organisation having the right to bear arms other than themselves and put many obstructions in the path of the SS getting arms and ammunition right up the the early war period. It is very important to understand this. Read up on the pre war in fighting between the Army and the SS.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Adrian is quite right, of course, as concerns friction had by the SS with the Army and its quartermaster and armaments establishment. This issue is well known and well researched in detail. We have mentioned it often and cited the necessary sources.
    damit, basta.

?

Thanks all for your inputs on these! Im glad i asked before buying! I bought that sleeve eagle more than a year ago for quite a lot of money, but seller refunded it all after sending it back, that was very friendly and nothing i expected anyone to offer really. Now i will post about the buckles and the skulle in the right sections and see if i got something fight. Thank you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast