Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS items up for auction

Article about: Hello all, there is a local auction coming up near me this weekend and it would seem that there is going to be quite a lot of militaria there, especially TR period items. The auction catalog

Default SS items up for auction

Hello all, there is a local auction coming up near me this weekend and it would seem that there is going to be quite a lot of militaria there, especially TR period items. The auction catalog does not have the greatest of photos, but I included a few I was hoping to get some opinions on, and a link to the whole auction catalog. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

403 Forbidden

SS items up for auctionSS items up for auctionSS items up for auction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS items up for auction
    P
    Many

The ss long service medal in the bottom pic is a fake I think, it has the wrong suspension ring.

The SS 12/25 year medal is rubbish.(can't tell if it's silver or gilded in the photo, but rubbish, nonetheless. Very sloppy design)

Emedals currently has a questionable 25 year available for a mere 12K, if that tells you anything...
    Last edited by Wagriff; 02-11-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The eagle shield is a post-war fantasy design "inspired" by a Wehrmacht pith helmet shield.

The squat Panzer collar patch with the metallic cord edging is also a post-war fantasy.

The medal with the red ribbon and the Cyrillic lettering is, of course, not German. (Bulgarian perhaps?)

The "POLICE" shield is for the French Police Nationale, as far as I know, it is of the current design.

Might be worth steering clear of the whole mess.

It's looking like the only solid pieces are the common junk like the Mother's Crosses, the Tag Der Arbeit, etc. Things like the Quedlinburg, I would not trust without Very good photos of both sides. These badges are quite expensive(1K range).

The Serbian WWI medal for Bravery looks good,however. Under $100 in value, but I like the folded red ribbon.

The Flag? Again, very doubtful-the edges do not look proper to me...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Runes on the flag are not right...looks like an all over mess

Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll have to find something else to do with my Sunday.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The eagle shield is a post-war fantasy design "inspired" by a Wehrmacht pith helmet shield.

The squat Panzer collar patch with the metallic cord edging is also a post-war fantasy.

The medal with the red ribbon and the Cyrillic lettering is, of course, not German. (Bulgarian perhaps?)

The "POLICE" shield is for the French Police Nationale, as far as I know, it is of the current design.
    Fine comments from one of our most informed and able members.

Ive seen this scenerio too many times, One or two real items thrown in with a bunch of SS fakes, somebody knows what they are doing. SS items are heavily faked and the chances of a whole bunch of them popping up at a local aution and being real is slim to none. Mothers crosses are a dime a dozen but they are faked also, you were very smart with asking first.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast