Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Article about: I sent you a private message.

Default Re: SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

I sent you a private message.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive
    P
    Many

Question:

I have contacted two major SS collectors around the nation; and they both said its fine and they have seen horizontal ribbing before.

Some claim there were no variations, others said there are. Whats the verdict?

In connection with the question of "variations," do kindly read the entries I have made on the RZM, and I think you will find the answer to your question.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive The Mitteilungsblaetter are filled with hectoring articles about things not made according to specification, as well as the cosmos of makers in their number, each of which could have varied, despite the attempt at standardization....

An old hobby horse of mine.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Thanks

the "take away" from this is? We are speaking here of a huge undertaking in the uniforms of the NSDAP, SA, SS etc. , with many parts, in which variations were the norm, despite standardization. It is not as if one firm made Hakenkreuzkampfbinden for the SS. As a rule, the brassards look as they do in the illustrations you see in this thread kindly and generously provided by others. Truth be told, I have looked at SS armbands almost everyday for more than 35 years, and I never wondered about the black stripes very much. You have to be alert to a piece that has been modified, but the issue then is the SS RZM tag.

You cannot collect solely via internet pictures. It does not work.

On the theme of variations in a related field.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

These caps represent roughly three or so kinds of caps known to contemporaries in the SS price list ( see 700 series of items here in enclosure on right), yet on close examination they vary considerably in detail, despite specifications.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    Question:

I have contacted two major SS collectors around the nation; and they both said its fine and they have seen horizontal ribbing before.

Some claim there were no variations, others said there are. Whats the verdict?
    See what I include here as to this question.

Thank you all for the help!

As regards help, the advice you got on the maroon cannibalism site is wrong, of course. These brassards had cloth RZM tags more or less through 1938, and the paper tags emerged about this time for reasons that are unclear, but likely connected with cost and simplicity.
    To assert that a paper RZM tag is a sign of a fake brassard reflects a really stupid collector, that I can tell you.SS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitiveSS Kampfbinde/ Armband Final Review- Time sensitive

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast