Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Kleiderkasse id card.

Article about: as noted. Thanks to Peter Jenkins.

Default SS Kleiderkasse id card.

as noted. Thanks to Peter Jenkins. SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kleiderkasse id card.
    P
    Many

SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.ephemera.

?

Thank you F-B for sharing these images. Here are a few related images I swiped here and there.
    SS Kleiderkasse id card.SS Kleiderkasse id card.

While looking through the items on the Hannahsreich site I noticed this 1942 price list of items made in the clothing works at Dachau. It appears they were making Black service tunics even at this date.

Thank you

Thanks, dear colleague, for your help.

The fact that the black uniform is present in 1942 is noteworthy, as our Mr. JHAM notes. Such goes against all gun show old wives' tales.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The fact that the black uniform is present in 1942 is noteworthy, as our Mr. JHAM notes. Such goes against all gun show old wives' tales.
    Also of interest here is the fact that the Postschutz organization was incorporated into the Allgemeine SS (note: not the Waffen-SS) on 1 May 1942 and became the SS-Postschutz.

After this takeover, personnel serving outside the borders of the Reich wore the field grey uniform of the Waffen-SS, while those serving in domestic areas wore the black SS service dress (the latter in particular was apparently quite unpopular with many Postschutz members), although in both cases with Allgemeine SS insignia.

(The Postschutz men were issued an authorization document confirming the document holder's right to wear the SS uniform and expressly stating whether he was entitled to the grey or the black service dress. Such a document is pictured on page 68 of Michael Schweizer's excellent book "Der Postschutz und Postluftschutz im Dritten Reich und den besetzten Gebieten", from which I learned this fact.)

To my knowledge, this didn't change until the end of the war.

One more reason for the wartime SS supply system to keep black service uniforms in stock...
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-17-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Bravo, Andreas. You are a man of very subtle knowledge.

Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-19-2015 at 03:13 AM.

?

I just realized that all of the Kleiderklasse images I posted were taken directly from F-B's previous thread. It makes perfect sense that the source of such rare and fine things is our premier member. Thanks to him for his years of work and his great generosity.

SS Kleiderkasse id card.
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    I just realized that all of the Kleiderklasse images I posted were taken directly from F-B's previous thread. It makes perfect sense that the source of such rare and fine things is our premier member. Thanks to him for his years of work and his great generosity.
    Thanks, but most of these things are from Peter Jenkins. I bought some of his things. Thanks to our members and our moderators, recently slandered, for their fine work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast