Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)

Article about: by BenVK Never handled an original but I can say with some certainty that the sweatband, although of period manufacture, is not original to this Kratzchen. The same applies to the lining. d'

?

Default SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)

I thought I would share some pictures of this early SS headwear item. I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Kratzchen (Feldmutze)

The skull looks wierd to me but I am no pro...

?

The skull has a piece of white cloth inserted behind it. That is why the eyes and nose appear white.

I was speaking about the skull overall, it doesnt look orginal to me it looks like a cast remak but ilike I said I really dont know for sure

These are not very common, a stunning piece in my opinion.

?

Agreed, I dont think I've ever seen one! Interesting "brimless-design". I'm in love..IMO .Thanks very much for posting! Let us see what FB or BenVK says.
    ~Dean

From the images, I have my doubts as to the authenticity of this piece. The piece appears to be brand new showing no age or wear. The totenkopf appears to be a reproduction. I have seen two original examples of this cap and both were marked different in the inside. I have never seen or heard of one with a RZM tag. FB can likely tell us if this hat was available through official sources under RZM control.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Never seen one marked like this.

I agree with Bob.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Never handled an original but I can say with some certainty that the sweatband, although of period manufacture, is not original to this Kratzchen. The same applies to the lining.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    From the images, I have my doubts as to the authenticity of this piece. The piece appears to be brand new showing no age or wear. The totenkopf appears to be a reproduction. I have seen two original examples of this cap and both were marked different in the inside. I have never seen or heard of one with a RZM tag. FB can likely tell us if this hat was available through official sources under RZM control.
    I share my friend's signal doubts. The piece is a stinker. Pfui. I do not know whether the Kraetzchen was marked this way, but I think likely not.
    Happy hats and better luck next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast