Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

SS Lager complex Dachau

Article about: The enclosed image appeared on another site today. It is an attractive one germane to our inquiry. Was not the Foto Atelier Bauer somehow connected to the SS? Does anyone know who this man w

Default Re: SS Lager complex Dachau

Great images.

The officer in post #46 is Bochmann.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lager complex Dachau
    P
    Many

An early tab, lifted from the good Dr's site...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

Thanks for the additional data. I believe colleague Hritz owns one of these objects, too.

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Great images.

The officer in post #46 is Bochmann.
    Thank you. When do you think this image was made?

Re: the wearing of a hundertschaft number on a collar patch. After my initial post and applying a little more thought and logic to the matter I would suggest that the number was worn from SS-Mann up to and including SS-Untersturmfuehrer. Obviously ranks higher than this would be above the hunderschaft structure.
    To bear this out here is a new rank appointment for an Untersturmfuehrer at the hndertschaft level from September 1935.
    D.
    SS Lager complex Dachau
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

A few collar tabs.

Bob Hritz

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Re: the wearing of a hundertschaft number on a collar patch. After my initial post and applying a little more thought and logic to the matter I would suggest that the number was worn from SS-Mann up to and including SS-Untersturmfuehrer. Obviously ranks higher than this would be above the hunderschaft structure.
    To bear this out here is a new rank appointment for an Untersturmfuehrer at the hndertschaft level from September 1935.
    D.
    SS Lager complex Dachau
    Thanks for this additional data. Do you have the Staerkenachweis, i.e. table of organization of one of these early Wachverbaende units? Were they the same as a 08/15 infantry company in the Reichswehr? Or the equivalent organization of the Landespolizei, maybe? I have seen neither a Staerkenachweis for an Allgem. SS Sturm nor even a Sturmbann. I do not think any of these entities had lots of officers in any case. Maybe Robin Lumsden's book has this information? Or in the SHAEF G-2 volume of 1944. The use of the term Zugfuehrer (Zugf) bespeaks a military table of organization, or that of the Landespolizei, too maybe.

Thanks for your further posts.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-11-2008 at 02:21 AM.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    A few collar tabs.

Bob Hritz
    Well, that was a bit jaw-dropping for me. Peeks at your amazing collection never fail to astound.

Thanks for sharing,
    Brad

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    A few collar tabs.

Bob Hritz
    Thanks for this remarkable display. Your understatement in no way does justice to the patience, energy and treasure that stands here before our astonishment.

Am I correct that there is also a Stammabteilung kind of Kragenspiegel here, or is this a case of uv radiation and time?

We are grateful for your sharing of your material.

It is a TV Stammabbteilung collar tab. I will shoot bett photos in the daylight, tomorrow.

I know of a matched paif of the Stammabteilung skull tabs, in an old collection. I wish I had access to post them.

Bob Hritz

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast