Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Lager complex Dachau

Article about: The enclosed image appeared on another site today. It is an attractive one germane to our inquiry. Was not the Foto Atelier Bauer somehow connected to the SS? Does anyone know who this man w

Default SS Lager complex Dachau

Was there a Fuehrerschule of some kind at the Lager complex at Dachau, i.e. the totality of facilities there at its height? I posted an image of Eicke in a thread here and then the question arose as to an Oberfuehrer with Eicke in the picture. I looked up all the SSTV Oberfuehrer I could find in the '38/9 list, and there was mention of someone as "F.F. Schule Dachau. " I take this abbreviation to mean: Fuehrer, Fuehrerschule Dachau....was this school for the SSTV? Or am I off with my Dienstalterliste abbreviations...?

I seek especially the remarkable expertise of colleague d'Alquen, who I know to be steeped in this material...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Lager complex Dachau
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Lager complex Dachau

This is the image I posted, provided to me by a colleague whom I esteem greatly... Eicke is plain enough, and I shall leave to someone else the Sturmbannfuehrer from SSTV 1 'Oberbayern'

I think this Oberfuehrer man is: a. Aumeier b. Loritz c. Scherner d. Baranowski

e. someone else....

The winner can get a marzipan black helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

Yes, indeed there was a Leaders' School at Dachau. The school was for members of the Allgemeine-SS. I will fetch out the paperwork in the morning and post something.
    The photograph was taken on the Eicke Platz and shows, on your Oberfuehrer, the wearing of a SS-Totenkopfverbande cuff title.
    D.

When one reads the Dienstalterlisten of all these people, one's mind races as to the final resting place of these men, to say nothing of their caps, tunics, belts, buckles, boots, and whatnot. I realize it is a pretty profane thing I write here, but it is astonishing to see all their names in detail. I leave aside any historical or ethical judgments as to their effect on the 20th century, but I see in my mind's eye these things being torched, ripped up, tossed out, and otherwise junked ten thousandfold as in Charles Foster Kane's sled in Citizen Kane.

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Yes, indeed there was a Leaders' School at Dachau. The school was for members of the Allgemeine-SS. I will fetch out the paperwork in the morning and post something.
    The photograph was taken on the Eicke Platz and shows, on your Oberfuehrer, the wearing of a SS-Totenkopfverbande cuff title.
    D.
    Dear Sir, thanks so much. We would be lost without you. Are you familiar with these pictures already, then? I did admire the SS Totenkopfverbaende cuff title. I think our moderator has one in his treasures. Many thanks for your kind aid. How much fun this is here with such nice people. I shall send you the marizpan helmet from my Konditor on the Donau.

Here is an odd fellow wearing an even odder 'Dachau' cuff title...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Lager complex Dachau  

Dear Mr. Lumsden. Thank you. You see how the issue arose with the image I posted of Eicke with this other Oberfuehrer in the image apparently in conversation with this Oberbayern officer. Who then has a list of all the various organization stationed at Dachau aside from the classical concentration camp. I am sure I have it somewhere, but I have to write a position paper for potentates in the next two days.

Thank you for the nice picture.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I have to write a position paper for potentates in the next two days.
    You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy.

My position paper writing days will be over as from Friday next week, when I will hang up my black uniform for good.

Sic transit etc.

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy.

My position paper writing days will be over as from Friday next week, when I will hang up my black uniform for good.

Sic transit etc.
    Thank you for same and congratulations on your retirement. I am sure such a thing is more agreeable in Scotland than where I am.

There is no end in sight for me, you see. Now with stagflation (you were nostalgic for the '70s) I must work until heart attack, stroke, and dimentia take their tool. The latter is already well in train. How drole.

Someone else answered my question to the effect that from 1937 onwards there was a Fuehrerschule der Allgemeinen SS there as well as the Oswald Pohl Verwaltungsamt SS school (whence came the Raute) in addition to other facilities pp.

We are grateful for Mr. Lumsden's kind aid.

For F-B...................

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast