Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The SS LAH kasernen monument heads

Article about: On my search, I got on to thise.. I fund it quiet amusing despite the striking similaritie. Dark Register - LSSAH Stander ? ??????? General Electric

Default Re: The SS LAH kasernen monument heads

On my search, I got on to thise..
    I fund it quiet amusing despite the striking similaritie.
    Dark Register - LSSAH Stander ? ??????? General Electric
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by stuka f View Post
    On my search, I got on to thise..
    I fund it quiet amusing despite the striking similaritie.
    Dark Register - LSSAH Stander ? ??????? General Electric
    The communists said at the time that fascism was the final phase of capitalism, as you well know. The corporate logo thingy, too, was a product of the same era in commercial art in the Atlantic realm that spawned a lot of SS regalia, too, in fact. US advertising had a big impact in Germany in the 1920a and 1930s.

In any case, the Finkensteinallee heads are the perfect backdrop to the signature collection of "matching cap badges" or SSVT alu wire collar patches that are all the rage here.

Or the the things are a brilliantly fashioned fake. Such items should have provenance somehow connected to the US. Someone should also ask the US Army Europe history people in Heidelberg about same before plunking down Euros 50,000 for the circumstances under which the Lichterfeldekaserne was denazified at whatever point same happened.
    The Berlin Brigade had an historian and someone would also know in the US Army Center of Military History. Or, there are curators for historical objects in the city of Berlin whom you can ask, too.

As you will recall, in the process of the reconstruction of the Potsdamer Platz and the Wilhelmstrasse, part of a bunker connected with the Fuehrerbunker was opened in the 1990s whereby a fresco of SS motifs appeared, which also caused quite a preservationist stink.
    damit, basta.

?

Yeh on the modern photo you can definitely see the plinth on which they are standing under the concrete. A good site for this is "third Reich in ruins" many then and now pics, and the story of thrum bring concreted is also mentioned there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12