Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Article about: Well, I didn't managed to snag the booklet. Chris, did you? I really would have liked to get it, scan it and then pdf it to make it available to everyone here but I couldn't justify spending

?

Default Re: SS LAH Panzer Wrapper

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for the honest assessment above. I am afraid my experience has diverged from yours, but I appreciate your forthrightness. The Carl Schmitt piece gets the better of me, truth be told, but each person is free to make a decision for himself on these things.
    Adrian, Bob and I had the collective experience of trying to make the German daggers site work around a decade ago, whereupon we did out best with the Bianchi thing, only to be lynched there in a pretty profound way there in the middle of the last decade.
    This place has been our answer to our collective bad experience.
    Thank you, and I mean no disrespect with my divergence of opinion. I love this site and everything that it has taught me, I just wanted to point out that I have also had good experiences with members of different subfora of that site, and sometimes members here are not always angels, myself included. It does seem though that they tend to force out the best educated members, and although I don't collect SS items, I was shocked at some of the names that I do recognize as having written respected books(that I own) on SS items having been banned from that site. It also seems to mostly be the Bianchi section that causes most of the trouble, and this wrapper mess and the debacle with your colored waffenfarbe caps is particularly disgusting. I understand your contempt and dislike of that den of snakes, but I have honorable friends that post on other subfora, and I just wanted to add an addendum that there are also sections of that site that are good and worthy of use.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS LAH Panzer Wrapper
    P
    Many

Hi Eddie-
    I believe that the main difference between this site and WAF, aka the maroon site, is how bad behavior is handled. We moderators take seriously our responsibilities to monitor this forum for bad behavior. Folks who behave badly will be warned once and if they do not wish to live with our code of conduct, the are sent off to the Land of Nod to never return. WAF does little to curb bad behavior and at times seems to encourage it. I can state that due to experience as a former moderator at the site. This is not to say that all the folks over there are a bad act. I do believe that more accurate information can be found here.
    The staff at WAF had to be shamed in to editing the thread with all of the personal attacks on Richard P. It took for ever for them to ban another member from Southern California who had eight modertors, including myself, resign over the tolerance of his disgusting behavior. At some point after I left, he was finally banned. Following his death, they reinstated him! Ade has laid out standards for this forum and in my mind, that has been what has made this site successful without contraversy. In closing, I would ask that you encourage any serious collectors you know to come here and share with all of us. That is what we are here for.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Eddie-
    I believe that the main difference between this site and WAF, aka the maroon site, is how bad behavior is handled. We moderators take seriously our responsibilities to monitor this forum for bad behavior. Folks who behave badly will be warned once and if they do not wish to live with our code of conduct, the are sent off to the Land of Nod to never return. WAF does little to curb bad behavior and at times seems to encourage it. I can state that due to experience as a former moderator at the site. This is not to say that all the folks over there are a bad act. I do believe that more accurate information can be found here.
    The staff at WAF had to be shamed in to editing the thread with all of the personal attacks on Richard P. It took for ever for them to ban another member from Southern California who had eight modertors, including myself, resign over the tolerance of his disgusting behavior. At some point after I left, he was finally banned. Following his death, they reinstated him! Ade has laid out standards for this forum and in my mind, that has been what has made this site successful without contraversy. In closing, I would ask that you encourage any serious collectors you know to come here and share with all of us. That is what we are here for.
    Hi Bob, thank you. You and Ade and FB have much more experience with that site than I do and I defer to your experience in this. I would also agree that bad behavior is handled much better here than there, and the standards are higher here than there. My intention was just to state that there are also some collectors that are helpful and knowledgeable on the other site, and I have had some good experience with them. I can't help but want to balance things when I hear only negative about something, it's simply my nature to want to balance the scales a bit. However, this thread was started as a response to some truly awful behavior on the maroon forum and I don't want to detract from that or lessen it in anyway, or seem an apologist.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Hi Eddie-
    Well said and a very accurate depiction of the facts as I have known them since about the year 2000 when we all met for the first time.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14